Need help! Color less vibrant after converting to CMYK for printing

SamPaul

Sep 5, 2007
Hi guys,

I'm trying to send Turkey trip's photo to photobook.com for printing. The color profile they use is Working CMYK - U.S. Web coated (SWOP) V2, But after coverting the profile, I realised there's the color become less vibrant (I think it is normal), but how can I maintain the 'original color' when printing?

Below it an example of the pic in RGB & after converting to CMYK...

RGB

IMG_7030.jpg

CMYK

IMG_7030converted.jpg

This is normal. Colour diff is because web browsers are not colour space aware and can only display in RGB. That's why the CMYK version doesn't look do good. If the printing service uses CMYK, colours should look normal when printed. Nothing to worry about.

it is normal and you cannot do much as the colour gamut of CMYK is alot less than RGB

in normal english: RGB can display more colours than CMYK because RGB is light while CMYK is ink

what you can do is to edit the image after you convert to cmyk. in this case you need to increase the Cyan, yellow and magenta to the balloon

Last edited:
This is normal. Colour diff is because web browsers are not colour space aware and can only display in RGB. That's why the CMYK version doesn't look do good. If the printing service uses CMYK, colours should look normal when printed. Nothing to worry about.

Thank you very much. I feel more relieved now...;)

it is normal and you cannot do much as the colour gamut of CMYK is alot less than RGB

in normal english: RGB can display more colours than CMYK because RGB is light while CMYK is ink

what you can do is to edit the image after you convert to cmyk. in this case you need to increase the Cyan, yellow and magenta to the balloon

Thanks for your help!