Need Help abt external flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuee88

Dec 11, 2005
Yew Tee
www.facebook.com
Hi to everyone reading this post..

i don't know whether this is the correct place to post but i really need help abt my camera external flash... I own a samsung pro 815 camera and i wanna buy a external flash, is there any third party flash i can use besides samsung one as i think it is not out yet... Coz my friend's bro is getting ROM and i wanna do a portfolio so i need to get a external flash asap and practice and on that day i can use with ease...

Then do u all know of any website i can learn abt the flash types and stuff?

Thanks...

There are quite a lot of sites about ext flashes in general.

But as to compatible flashes for the samsung, I'm not too sure. Any idea what system they're using? If its their own I guess you have to get their flash. Samsung isn't a really big player in the posumer market so I doubt there are many options... 3rd parties cater to the masses unfortunately.

ermm...

i don't know abt the flash much except tat i know it is using guide 42 and TL flash... But thanks anyway for telling me so much..

Look at the camera manual regarding external flash. Do they give any information about what other flash is acceptable, what type of mount is uses and also what is the trigger voltage limit.

shuee88 said:
ermm...

i don't know abt the flash much except tat i know it is using guide 42 and TL flash... But thanks anyway for telling me so much..

Not very helpful info. Guide no. is a measure (somewhat) of the flash unit's output. TTL just means that flash metering is done through the lens and not by an external sensor. They don't tell you what flash units you can use.

What you need to find out, as what MDZ2 has mentioned, is compatibility. For eg, they could say that its a nikon compatible hot-shoe, or that the camera accepts Nikon XXX series ext. flahes etc. My guess is the samsung's coming up with their own proprietary system, which means tough luck for u.

Trigger voltage limit comes into play when you use 3rd party flashes, esp. the older models.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
think get a metz hammerhead is easiest, compatible with most if not all cameras, only thing is, have to learn how to control it.
yes, just set the flash to auto mode is the easiest, but you need a hotshoe adaptor, and metz 45cl4 has not trigger voltage issue on modern cameras.

can try a Nikon flash too. SB28, SB28DX, SB80DX, etc have auto modes and could work well (no TTL flash metering though and need to sync ISO and aperture settings between camera and flash).

Thanks you guys for answering my questions... I will try to look in the manuel to see if they got write anything inside... and abt the 3rd party flash, thank u for all the info too... Coz frm what i know i think samsung will come up with their own external flash different frm others... it will be a tough one for me...;)

My manuel did nt tell me what kind of flash i can use and never write anything more detail one.... Haiz.. i think i have bought the wrong camera... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.