need feedback on home av system

Status
Not open for further replies.
2100 said:
Heh heh...i think SVS is perfect for SG HDB living rooms, for the bassheads. Seriously it isn't too big, if you have checked out the 15" stuff from Velodyne and company. The last time i checked out the prices for Velodyne from that 4th sty Adelphi shop, i was like. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Geez, you have a 15" in your bedroom?! :what:

The problem here with our dimensions is that room nodes give too much of a hump. The BFD is definitely recommended (check it out on extremeplace). There is definitely enough volume from 1 single PC+, just the bass freqs humps.

I've seen the velodyne ... but i simply love the subwoofer array from Genelec :devil: ...

No lah ... 15" in my living room ... it rattles my glass shelves, cabinets, doors etc... :sweat: my room only a small cheapo 6" sub ... not enough ooomph ....

I frequent xtremeplace as well ... but till now there is no clear diagram (or maybe i missed out) on how 1 hooks up a sub to a BFD ...

thanks Zerstorer and AhV for the advice...as it stands, i noted few posts ago that it was going to be a franken-system....hahaha, yeah agree with you about the joy of building up a system, be it for HT or hifi...esp on a shoestring..after the TDLs, i'm glad i didnt pay too much for my SDs years ago....but i'll make do with them for now...

also, consciously looking for bargains just to build up a complete HT system and hopefully a coherent one. i guess im not one to go out and just buy a AV 5/6/7 channel amp and a suite of speakers for my HT setup...i want my system to be modular so that i can replace my processor, or any one of my amps when i need to....also me obviously no cash for a stack of monoblocks hehehehe....

as for Bose...just ask any of the old birds around what they do to their demo room and what they play their music through....

dEthANGeL said:
I frequent xtremeplace as well ... but till now there is no clear diagram (or maybe i missed out) on how 1 hooks up a sub to a BFD ...
Just PM Jag lar.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.