Need dry cabi in China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

billpepsi

Jan 2, 2005
The 3rd Rock
Has anyone stayed in Shanghai for 2 to 3 yrs without a dry cabi for their DSLR? Any issues with mould presence on the lenses? For info, according to google search, the humidity in shanghai is 50% to 90%.

Hi,

Just to share my experience.

I've been in Shanghai since May 07 and have no purchased a dry-cabi yet - no problems yet...

Would love to hear from any bros who have been here longer..

:)

Hi,

Just to share my experience.

I've been in Shanghai since May 07 and have no purchased a dry-cabi yet - no problems yet...

Would love to hear from any bros who have been here longer..

How did you store your camera? did you seal your camera in a drybox with silicon gel?

How did you store your camera? did you seal your camera in a drybox with silicon gel?

nope....left camera and lenses in my Lowepro backpack....no silicon gel in there either...

if you are staying in a hotel, then just leave the camera in the hotel room when you're back there - no problemo.

Has anyone stayed in Shanghai for 2 to 3 yrs without a dry cabi for their DSLR? Any issues with mould presence on the lenses? For info, according to google search, the humidity in shanghai is 50% to 90%.

If u are going to use your camera very often, i doubt u need a dry cab unless u intend to keep them in ur drawer for a few months or so. just use and i believe all the fungus buds will be killed by sunlight. no worries lah. should be ok.;)

If u are going to use your camera very often, i doubt u need a dry cab unless u intend to keep them in ur drawer for a few months or so. just use and i believe all the fungus buds will be killed by sunlight. no worries lah. should be ok.;)

thanks for the feedback.

I had a couple cameras and lenses sitting without a dry cabinet for 2 years and nothing wrong with it. So in theory its ok to go without one.

But dry cabinets are cheaper here, so get one to be safe. I'm now in Shanghai for the third posting in 7 years and this time I have a large cabinet to store my larger collection of lenses. I'm not willing to play with probability here. I find the weather during winter (and now!) very dry so its alright, but summer it feels very humid.

Status
Not open for further replies.