Need comments on SFF04 US team

Status
Not open for further replies.

starry

Mar 24, 2004
www.walrusblog.com
hmm i am new to photogrpahy and i only got my 1st digi cam this yr and I usually leave it at home for my bro to learn photographing his fish :bsmilie: only recently really touch my cam more. this is my 1st time of shooting fireworks with the intention of shooting it heehee or else its 2nd try if u consider me at NDP preview by chance shots. Hence, I need comments on how to improve my shots. Really bad ones. :(

look here:

http://www.walrusblog.com/modules.p...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

thanks in advance for helping me improve :)

Guess you are shooting from
1) Sheares Bridge
and
2) Using A80

Generally your shot suffered from slight blur, could be due to when you depress your shutter. Put to timer mode but this could be a trade-off as you might not be able to predict when the next burst would come.

Your framing is tight (resulting in some burst out of frame) because you are quite near to the launching site and also the limitation on your cam.
During framing, do predict how high the burst will go, either zoom to the widest or relocate to esplande bridge, clifford pier,etc and reframe again.

As for what settings, guess you have read alot in the forums.

But then do have some good firworks burst (just tat blur). ;) Not bad for first timer..

Cheers!

ransoma22 said:
Guess you are shooting from
1) Sheares Bridge
and
2) Using A80

Generally your shot suffered from slight blur, could be due to when you depress your shutter. Put to timer mode but this could be a trade-off as you might not be able to predict when the next burst would come.

Your framing is tight (resulting in some burst out of frame) because you are quite near to the launching site and also the limitation on your cam.
During framing, do predict how high the burst will go, either zoom to the widest or relocate to esplande bridge, clifford pier,etc and reframe again.

As for what settings, guess you have read alot in the forums.

But then do have some good firworks burst (just tat blur). ;) Not bad for first timer..

Cheers!

yup u are correct with the guesses :) hmm true on the timer part.. think my itchy hand went to off the 2sec delay :( . i was too far down near the luanching site on the bridge... abt framing, i am totally lost too anxious.. just keep pressing away :embrass: all pts noted thanks alot

btw do u think if i use longer time will it improve on the blurness and so on?!

even esplande bridge is too near for a A80 38mm
some of my firework also out of frame (lol can go my album to see how is it)
thinking of getting a wide angle convertor ;p

starry said:
yup u are correct with the guesses :) hmm true on the timer part.. think my itchy hand went to off the 2sec delay :( . i was too far down near the luanching site on the bridge... abt framing, i am totally lost too anxious.. just keep pressing away :embrass: all pts noted thanks alot

btw do u think if i use longer time will it improve on the blurness and so on?!

Timer on: You risk getting no burst at all
Timer off: You risk blur unless you are extremely careful when depressing.

If you use longer exposure time, you risk overexposed pictures. Blurness is caused by vibration during depressing shutter or knock your tripod during exposure, etc.
So, know your limitation of your camera especially the time lapse of 2 seconds (timer on) and some minor shutter lag. Work around it.
Don't expect to catch every single fireworks. Few good one will do.. :)

latmo said:
even esplande bridge is too near for a A80 38mm
some of my firework also out of frame (lol can go my album to see how is it)
thinking of getting a wide angle convertor ;p
:) yup i find it difficult to adjust and frame hmm then i can take the shot cos no time liao heehee.. yup b4 the show i was asking my friend how to get up the bridge but she dont know.. by luck then finally i end up on the bridge and i sms her.. she only reply after the show.. asking how i get up there.. i called her up to tell her how and also told her immediately i find it difficult to shoot.. i dont have wide angle lens :) i dont think i will spend $$ on one... till i learn more abt photograhpy.. i am new.. when i learn enough might as well move to DSLR then heehee..

ransoma22 said:
Timer on: You risk getting no burst at all
Timer off: You risk blur unless you are extremely careful when depressing.

If you use longer exposure time, you risk overexposed pictures. Blurness is caused by vibration during depressing shutter or knock your tripod during exposure, etc.
So, know your limitation of your camera especially the time lapse of 2 seconds (timer on) and some minor shutter lag. Work around it.
Don't expect to catch every single fireworks. Few good one will do.. :)
ohhh ok.. my 1st try is hmm i admit i trying to catch as much as possible and end up no gd shots... think i will try a 4secs this coming sunday.. :) how the black card thingy works?! hmm cover and press the shutter? and then remove it when its 2sec left for out of a longer exposure time, something like that?? hmm i thot its for SLR cos they on bulb mode etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.