Need comments... an A40 newbie...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously, if you don't even bother to resize your pics for the convenience of others I don't think anyone will bother with you.

Originally posted by darkness
Seriously, if you don't even bother to resize your pics for the convenience of others I don't think anyone will bother with you.

darkness, I think you misunderstood him. He said he didn't resize the pics b'coz he thought it would be easier for others to spot his mistakes (by viewing the original pics).

Btw, localhost, if you really want it to be easier for others to help you, resize your pics to say 640x480 and post them here ;)

OK, comments;

1. Alot of the shot's exposures are off.
2. Picture blur-mess, due to handshake is pretty apparent. (try using a tripod)
3. The shots of the "Carlton" hotel signs are nothing more than snapshots of a lighted sign. If you could, maybe you would like to share with us what you were trying to "say" with that particular shots?

These are the more obvious flaws of your shots. However, please don't feel discouraged.

Keep shooting. :)

Originally posted by Wolfgang
OK, comments;

1. Alot of the shot's exposures are off.
2. Picture blur-mess, due to handshake is pretty apparent. (try using a tripod)
3. The shots of the "Carlton" hotel signs are nothing more than snapshots of a lighted sign. If you could, maybe you would like to share with us what you were trying to "say" with that particular shots?

These are the more obvious flaws of your shots. However, please don't feel discouraged.

Actually... its more of test shots... playign with the settings... that carlton hotel looks interesting cos the letter L light is spoilt so it becomes 'carton' hotel haha.

Hmm... can comment for those shots wat settings I should set correctly?

I'm no photography guru but i believe you should really learn at least the basics. There are tons of info on the net which will tell you what are ISO settings, aperture, shutter speed, limitations of flash, white balance etc etc. Learn the basics then go take some pictures instead of doing the opposite. I think it's quite annoying (to me at least) when you ask why you fired the flash for the scenery shot and it is still darker than not using it. Hope you are not offended in any way. ;)

Originally posted by localhost

Actually... its more of test shots... playign with the settings... that carlton hotel looks interesting cos the letter L light is spoilt so it becomes 'carton' hotel haha.

Hmm... can comment for those shots wat settings I should set correctly?

Ah. Tricky as there is no "correct" settings to speak of.

Maybe the first thing you need to do is geta tripod as its quite essential for night shots since the exposure time is more often than not, if not always more than one take while handheld. :)

After getting yoru tripod, start taking your night shot again and while doing so, experiment with the exposure time and the different ISO and aperture settings.

Look at the results yourself and then ask which are the better shots and then post them up for comments.

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Ah. Tricky as there is no "correct" settings to speak of.

Maybe the first thing you need to do is geta tripod as its quite essential for night shots since the exposure time is more often than not, if not always more than one take while handheld. :)

After getting yoru tripod, start taking your night shot again and while doing so, experiment with the exposure time and the different ISO and aperture settings.

Look at the results yourself and then ask which are the better shots and then post them up for comments.

okie thanks :D

Originally posted by Mr Fish
I'm no photography guru but i believe you should really learn at least the basics. There are tons of info on the net which will tell you what are ISO settings, aperture, shutter speed, limitations of flash, white balance etc etc. Learn the basics then go take some pictures instead of doing the opposite. I think it's quite annoying (to me at least) when you ask why you fired the flash for the scenery shot and it is still darker than not using it. Hope you are not offended in any way. ;)

no worry I am not offended just dat I prefer to trial and error, reading dun make u good :p

Originally posted by localhost

reading dun make u good :p

Yes, but do you realise by reading the posts here, you are also learning as well? :)

It is advisable to go do a bit of reading up, if for nothing else, to get you up to speed in terms of common technical jargons, as well as other "techniques".

Keep shooting & reading. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.