Need advised on wedding shoot.

Yes I m aware of tat, but for the time being I guess my 28-80 or 18-270 can still help abit.

28mm is still quite tight on a crop.

24mm (FF) is best suitable for table shots imo.

it might be worth for u to rent a FF body + 24-70 (for the wider aperture) on the wedding dinner. plus your own D7000 + 18-270 for general shots in the day.

sinned79 said:
28mm is still quite tight on a crop.

24mm (FF) is best suitable for table shots imo.

it might be worth for u to rent a FF body + 24-70 (for the wider aperture) on the wedding dinner. plus your own D7000 + 18-270 for general shots in the day.

Noted.. Tks for the advise.

You may be lacking a wider lens to cover dinner table shots.
28mm can be ok to do it provided you can arrange the ppl to squeeze up and stand back a little. But its a bit risky.
24mm is ok, even on APS-C from personal experience.
Main thing is to use your voice to direct the guests to the position you want.

If you use flash, the super zoom may be the lens to use.
Main thing is that you need to be familiar with whatever equipment you decide to use that day.
Flash is a must. Learn to use it properly
(ie. expose for bkgnd; flash compensation; bounce flash, etc) .

Gd luck :)

pinholecam said:
You may be lacking a wider lens to cover dinner table shots.
28mm can be ok to do it provided you can arrange the ppl to squeeze up and stand back a little. But its a bit risky.
24mm is ok, even on APS-C from personal experience.
Main thing is to use your voice to direct the guests to the position you want.

If you use flash, the super zoom may be the lens to use.
Main thing is that you need to be familiar with whatever equipment you decide to use that day.
Flash is a must. Learn to use it properly
(ie. expose for bkgnd; flash compensation; bounce flash, etc) .

Gd luck :)

Tks bro, note taken. Will be trying to practice with flash these few day. But bro wat r the Lens u think I should bring along with me? Which lens should I use for march in, dinner etc... Below is the lens I have.
Nikon 50 1.8
Nikon 28-80
Tamron 18-270 PZD
Soligor 100-300
Pls share ur idea if u have only these lens to play with. Tks again.

Last edited:
Anyone know the phone number of TK photo in funna centre?

Tks bro, note taken. Will be trying to practice with flash these few day. But bro wat r the Lens u think I should bring along with me? Which lens should I use for march in, dinner etc... Below is the lens I have.
Nikon 50 1.8
Nikon 28-80
Tamron 18-270 PZD
Soligor 100-300
Pls share ur idea if u have only these lens to play with. Tks again.

With a flash, I'd used the 18-270 as the main lens, though of course its not the best lens in terms of sharpness and speed.
The 28-80 can be used too, but its not a fast lens either. It may or may not be wide enough for table shots as mentioned above.
BTW, will the venue have high ceiling such that its not possible to bounce the flash?

Here is some last minute read up for you on flash photography:
http://neilvn.com/tangents/flash-photography-techniques/

pinholecam said:
With a flash, I'd used the 18-270 as the main lens, though of course its not the best lens in terms of sharpness and speed.
The 28-80 can be used too, but its not a fast lens either. It may or may not be wide enough for table shots as mentioned above.
BTW, will the venue have high ceiling such that its not possible to bounce the flash?

Here is some last minute read up for you on flash photography:
http://neilvn.com/tangents/flash-photography-techniques/

I m not sure is it a high ceiling but I think the bounce card do help in tis area. The flash I using is Nissan i622. Btw tks for the link too.

if its very high ceiling, bounce card also not much use.

Depends on how large is the bounce card :D
A4 sized one, is still highly usable.