Need advise regarding macro

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorby

Apr 4, 2004
Queenstown
Hello everybody,
I have a D 70 with a Nikon 18-70 mm and a 80-200 mm lens (F/2.8). I need to do a lot of closeup photography at work. Also need to take a couple of not so close up pictures. Was considering a Nikon 60mm F 2.8 Micro lens, but that would not allow zoom and restrict the range I need. I am not so keen to change lenses at work due to the ccd dust issue.

Has anybody used the Nikon 6T closeup lens with the 18-70 mm lens. How close can you go and are the pictures good. Does one lose one F stop due to the close up lens. I am also considering the Canon 500D closeup lens for the 80-200 lens. Any suggestions or help would be welcome.

warm regards,
Gorby

have t my photoAm

gorby said:
Was considering a Nikon 60mm F 2.8 Micro lens, but that would not allow zoom and restrict the range I need. I am not so keen to change lenses at work due to the ccd dust issue.

Hi Gorby,

Well, changing lenses in the field can’t be avoided. Dust issue on the CCD will always be there. But if you can DIY sensor cleaning, that will not bother you anymore.

The equipment to be used depends on your subject of interest. That’s where other equipment has a pronounced advantage over the other. For still life, a 25mm ext tube on a 50mm lens is already very effective.

For insects, Macro lens is the most flexible of all the options. The closeup filter won’t be that flexible because the focusing distance is almost fixed.
Extension tube option has a more flexible focusing range, but it wont give you much magnification. Yes it will, if you use it on shorter focal range but working distance will suffer.

Deciding on the equipment to be used is very critical, you must know what you will get in every combo available. You may want to checkout This site for detailed explanation.

Rgds,

Status
Not open for further replies.