Need advice for getting a Nikon camera

Above is no way an advice coming from me... just putting myself in your position. :)

Some concert stages are really brightly-lit, and some have a much more "grunge" feel to them, with dim colored lights and so on.
Hard to generalize "concert photography".

Some concert stages are really brightly-lit, and some have a much more "grunge" feel to them, with dim colored lights and so on.
Hard to generalize "concert photography".

Agree... but have to expect worse case scenario at times... :bsmilie: at least you go prepared. It's not like the concert details will say: "we be using big bright lights, so no need to bring fast lens..."

Last edited:
Of course the best preparation for a worst case scenario is a D700/D3/s... :bsmilie: but lets get out of the D7K context...

kennyso said:
By the way,
what kind of lens that are normally used for concert photography?

Really depends on what kind of lighting used and how much access you get.

If not too bright and far away, i am do tempted to say 300/2.8. ;)

Agree... but have to expect worse case scenario at times... :bsmilie: at least you go prepared. It's not like the concert details will say: "we be using big bright lights, so no need to bring fast lens..."

actually most concerts don't allow photography... :dunno:

If you want to save some money, you can try to buy from the buy and sell section of the forum. With your budget you should be able to get a D90 with a 17-50mm (or 18-105mm)+ 55-200vr + flash + 50mm, f1.8 + Tripod + bag +dry cell. You might have some to spare for photo development.

Cheers

Last edited:
actually most concerts don't allow photography... :dunno:

haha, I tried using my LX3 (even in extreme darkness who cannot notice a DSLR!!) but was caught after 2 shots (without flash) and was asked to surrender my SD card......use old uncle trick lo... pretend to be puzzled.... like sotong... They let me off on condition that I don't shoot anymore.

Last edited: