Need Advice: 50mm f/1.4 or 28-105mm f/1:3.5-4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayerosa

Nov 10, 2008
Sengkang SG
Hi Guys!

I bought a second hand camera with a 28-105mm lense attached on it. But i heard about the 50mm f/1.4 which performs well in low light and is also a good walk around lense.

Would it be advisable if i will sell my current lense in exchange for a 50mm or just stick with it as a beginner's lense?

Thanks in advance...

Hi Guys!

I bought a second hand camera with a 28-105mm lense attached on it. But i heard about the 50mm f/1.4 which performs well in low light and is also a good walk around lense.

Would it be advisable if i will sell my current lense in exchange for a 50mm or just stick with it as a beginner's lense?

Thanks in advance...
I recommend instead the $100-ish 50mm f/1.8 so that you have an idea what its uses. That and with the 28-105 should be adequate for a lot of shots till you figure out what you need.

Hi jayerosa

Actually the two lenses fulfill different roles. Unless you are shooting more of the 50mm focal range and you need the low light and are willing to forgo the zoom. Else they can potentially complement each other.

Ryan

Don't think so much.... 50mm f1.4

Unless you have a full-frame camera, the 50mm on its own is not going to be of much versatility to you; you will still want to keep the 28-105.

Thanks for all the advice guys!...

It helps me a lot... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.