Nederland in March 2014

Bukitimah

Nov 28, 2010
Singapore
Planning a trip to Nederland in March 2014 for 3 weeks. Would like to cross over to neighboring countries. Any good recommendations or anyone has traveled this route before?

Appreciate if you could provide some links on hotel, food, transportation and place of interest.

Thank you and no information is too much. Will explore all options.

March may be too early to go, the temperature is still very low, it is winter climate, twenty years ago, around April is the tulip season, now almost have to wait until June.

I am going over to meet my sons who are there for their studies and March is their vacation week. Since I am flying there, might as well do a bit travel.

Tulip season in Keukenhof usually starts in Apr for 6weeks.
A daytrip to Brussels would be nice.

As some has said, March is still cold, I was there last March (2013) and it was quite cold. You can take a day trip to Brussels by high speed train (Thalys) or my preference is to take the train Paris. I stayed in Brussels for a conference and took the train to Paris for a 2 day short trip over the weekend. It was worth it. Recommend you book the train tickets online. There are special offers almost every week so book early. I paid Euro 60 for a return ticket from Brussels to Paris by Thalys, it was on offer in November 2012.

Hi, I have just crossed over to Scotland. Weather in Scotland is light drizzle around 5C, windy thus rather cold for Singaporean.

Will spend a week here before moving over to London.

Enjoy yourself Bukitimah. The wind can be very "refreshing" up there.

Thanks. A little bit cold is OK but yesterday rain makes photography shoot almost impossible. Hope today weather clears up a bit.