Necessary or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zax13

Oct 23, 2005
Sengkang, Singapore
when storing cam in a drybox is it necessary to dismantle the lens from the body and store it seperately?

Virgo

Dec 23, 2003
West of Singapore
www.pbase.com
Not necessary. Depending on your space in the drybox, you can store separately or having the lens fit in the body. I store the lens fit in the bodies.

zax13 said:
when storing cam in a drybox is it necessary to dismantle the lens from the body and store it seperately?

user111

Jul 27, 2004
all not true

marco

Oct 24, 2005
just tapping onto this topic... when do you store your equipment in a dry box? when prolonged no usage? or everyday take in and take out?

and also isit better to leave your dry box in air-con or non air-con room?

thanx

Witness

Mar 18, 2004
www.maverickatwork.com
eh a dry box is supposed to de humidify the air in it...does it matter wat the air outside is? i juz put my cam in the box daily

my main workhorse lens is permanently attached to my camera....i mean...cant be bothered la...the only covern is if ya lens is a v heavy one...then u anyhow put and prolonged strain can "injure" the lens mount..

cheers

Deadpoet

Oct 18, 2004
marco said:
just tapping onto this topic... when do you store your equipment in a dry box? when prolonged no usage? or everyday take in and take out?

thanx
if you use your camera everyday, you really do not need to stroe it in a dry box. kmolds need 2 things in orde to grow, moisture and still air. If you are using your camera all the time, the air movement will be a deterrent to mold growth. Actually, it's not unheard of that mold can grow inside a dry box, where the air is still.

If you have a room that is airconned all the time, I just leave the camera in the room. Just make sure they are not directly in the path of the cold air , you don't want to get your equipment so cold that once you take it starts condensation.

marco said:
normal a/c's maintain low humidity values so you dont need a dry box if the space is always air conditioned. there will be some condensation after you take it out, but that should not be much of a problem.

marco

Oct 24, 2005
thnx all for sharing your thoughts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom