NDP FIREWORKS - where to shoot from?

drpessimist

Jan 6, 2014
Singapore
Any ideas on a good location to shoot the NDP fireworks from? Because everywhere i've thought of would be absolutely packed like sardines, and dont think ill be able to place my tripod down without it being kicked or pushed around...

I think shooting from home with ur camera on tripod aiming the tv will get you the best view...

On a more serious note, I doubt there will be any of those public accessible area without crowd if you want to shoot the ndp fireworks. Afterall, it's not the first time fireworks is held in this area. If there are any ideal location, it would have been identified by photographers and or public.

Oh, if you reaaaallly want to shoot the fireworks, consider reaching the ground before the crowd arrives.... Which is probably about 2pm or earlier... Still it will get crowded after sometime and it will be up to you to prevent yourself from getting squeezed or pushed out etc...

Last edited:
...or check into a hotel that has a view :)

I was there yesterday.. just be thick skin and ask.. you will be surprise how nice we Singaporeans are.. hehe. They will gladly squeeze a little to make space..

Just go there an squeeze. Sure got space once. Look nasty. Or dirty. Or oily. Makes things easier.

Don't seem like the case. This year squeeze starts earlier than last year. Now already packed with families out full force... on site report now.. lol

Don't seem like the case. This year squeeze starts earlier than last year. Now already packed with families out full force... on site report now.. lol

I was surprised too... Was in the area for black knights and saw the crowd camping already.....

Mbs central stage area almost full.. sun out in full force, please bring necessary precaution n also lots of water if u r camping

Don't be lazy, sleeps till shiok shiok, just squeeze in like that. Early birds there not for fun, you thick skin no use, we don't give face. Even non photographer can ask you get lost, esp you blocking their view in the end.

I got my best firework shots during the rehearsals.... Anyone who rather wait till the actual day yesterday to shoot.. if you were not a kiasu early bird who went down in the late morning or early afternoon are out of luck. I went down at 3pm to MBS and all the best spots were already taken. Which is fine by me, I was more there to enjoy shooting the scenes around me. The places I got to shoot the nicer shoots from interesting angle were all totally ban yesterday. I still find it so stupid since the terrorist 911 they stop letting you shoot from the bridges like the Shears Bridge. But lucky not during rehearsals days.

I went for a different composition and shot from the flower dome at gardens by the bay, basically aiming at the 2nd set of fireworks

20284890430_bbbc1483ed_c.jpg