Nature photography vs Potraits

Status
Not open for further replies.
well here's my 2 cents worth.

to be honest i must admit that it's probably not too difficult to take a decent nature/landscape/scenary shot. one just probably need to be at the right place at the right time and you'd probably get a good-great shot. but wait! that involves luck. and not everybody has it all the time. so the rest of us earthlings would just have to struggle on taking half-baked-decent landscape shots. so what's the difference between those pictures taken? one word: LIGHT.

Light is the reason why a photographer will revisit a particular spot a hundred times and all times of the day just to catch that elusive shot. Light is the reason why a photog will make a trip to Ubin 200 times just to take a photo of mudskippers. It is the reason why a photographer will make 30-day hikes up to mountains over canyons and across rivers to take that one shot - and do so over the course of the year, in all weathers, all temperatures, all terrain.

this is getting to sound like hard work? you bet it is!

nobody said photography was easy.

why would anybody dive with a school of a hundred hammer-head sharks when death is near certainty if he/she made one mistake? why would anybody want to stalk a grizzly bear when it could tear you to shreds in seconds? for that matter, how could anybody stand working with spoilt, rude and unreasonable models who could easily tear your career to shreds with casual snite remarks about your photographic standards.

all for the sake of a keeper. heck, for the sake of a keeper, nothing is easy.

but enjoy everything you do. or don't do it at all.

it's cool to hear the many difference views. thank u roygoh for stating my interest in posing the question.....

Hello? Lennier? Why am I idiotic?

Originally posted by mdchuah
it's cool to hear the many difference views. thank u roygoh for stating my interest in posing the question.....

You're welcomed. Just doing my job.;)

Originally posted by Jed
Me? Dunno. Like both :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Yep same as you... I like both! haha,
I feel that portrait shots rather hard as u have to ask ur model or anyone to pose this way that way...make it look more natural. In the end she /he will look like some robot etc. Not easy.
Nature...the moment of capture is rather crutial at times...Thus both have it's difficulties.

Status
Not open for further replies.