National Stadium

UncleFai

Mar 10, 2010
Singapore
The place becoming dirt soon. So I went there to snap... only to be stopped by a worker saying "no take photo".

I have a lot of memory for the place. Suggest/encourage CSers to go snoop around and snap and post. It is one of our heritage sites and won't be around soon.

The place becoming dirt soon. So I went there to snap... only to be stopped by a worker saying "no take photo".

I have a lot of memory for the place. Suggest/encourage CSers to go snoop around and snap and post. It is one of our heritage sites and won't be around soon.

east entrance with the big construction crane?
had the same prob..
so i went west entrance..

wouldnt encourage snooping.
im not doing something that cannot see light..
maybe fan out in a big group see how many he can stop.. :think:

Are you the banch of photographers shooting the national stadium yesterday morning? :think:

I was there doing the model shoot when the construction worker chased us away.
I think yesterday will be the last day that I will visit National stadium.
They only allow us to shoot from ground level even the western entrance is not fence up.

Last edited:
Are you the banch of photographers shooting the national stadium yesterday morning? :think:

I was there doing the model shoot when the construction worker chased us away.
I think yesterday will be the last day that I will visit National stadium.
They only allow us to shoot from ground level even the western entrance is not fence up.

unless you posed danger to yourself or your friends, I think it is stupid to chase people away from shooting .... this is historic and iconic, even when it is torned down. :dunno:

unless you posed danger to yourself or your friends, I think it is stupid to chase people away from shooting .... this is historic and iconic, even when it is torned down. :dunno:

My understanding the east entrance had been fenced up. The carparks around the stadium had been barricaded. Only the west entrance is not fence up which I believe the demolishtion had not reached that part yet.

They did not stop us from shooting from the ground level. Any location that are steps and above is not allowed.

think should take some pictures of our icon . . .

i stay around there at my younger age and it brings many memories . . . like fireworks, footballs etc . . .

i was there on Sunday, met some of my ex-workers working for the developer for the new stadium. Hoardings around the whole site will be up by the next two weeks. and i was also chased out by an indian guy. tell me a whole lot of bull about safety.
anyway, those who want to take pictures for memories better do so fast.