National Dog Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
:dunno:
Huh? Nobody interested in these cuties??
IMG_2074Post.jpg

IMG_2112Post.jpg

ray_stinger said:
Hi, I will be keen...any more details?

The petportal link should have sufficient details. :)

Venue : West Coast Park Carpark 2
Date : 7th August 2005 Sunday
Time : 4.30 pm ( Free registration @ Carpark 2)
5.00 pm ( Start of Walk)
Collection of free goodie bags
Singapore Birthday Cake Cutting( for dogs)
7.00 pm ( end of event )

Maybe I shall organise a small outing for those who are interested.
For those who dun have own transport, we shall meet at Clementi MRT (near the station control) at 4pm. We shall take a cab to the destination. And for those who have their own transport, we shall meet near the start point of the walk at 430pm.

Pls pm me with your nick, real name & contact once you are confirm coming for this shoot, thanks

1) Damien
2)
3)

Hmm...I assume we don't need to have a dog in order to participate?

I'm very keen to go shoot at this event and hone my skills, but my ability to attend would depend on what duties I've got on this weekend. As far as I know, I only have a 24-hr duty at camp on Friday. Meeting at Clementi would be a good idea, since I hardly know how to get there myself, and haven't even been to Clementi MRT station itself! I stay very near Kovan station, which would be on the same line as Sengkang...might even be able to meet you along the way.

Anyway, I'll keep you informed on whether I can attend this or not.

fWord said:
Hmm...I assume we don't need to have a dog in order to participate?

I'm very keen to go shoot at this event and hone my skills, but my ability to attend would depend on what duties I've got on this weekend. As far as I know, I only have a 24-hr duty at camp on Friday. Meeting at Clementi would be a good idea, since I hardly know how to get there myself, and haven't even been to Clementi MRT station itself! I stay very near Kovan station, which would be on the same line as Sengkang...might even be able to meet you along the way.

Anyway, I'll keep you informed on whether I can attend this or not.

Yap, you dun need a dog to participate. :)
You confirm with me as the day comes nearer & your duties become more clearer, no hurry. I can meet u either kovan and Clementi mrt, no problem with it.

Damien said:
Yap, you dun need a dog to participate. :)
You confirm with me as the day comes nearer & your duties become more clearer, no hurry. I can meet u either kovan and Clementi mrt, no problem with it.

That sounds excellent. We can meet at Kovan MRT station, if that's okay with you. Anyway, I'm Andrew, and my mobile number is 989 22982. I won't be able to log in from camp, but I might be able to find time off to get online to check for messages. Please let me know your contact number too. On Saturday morning I should be off duty, so I'll try to write back and let you know if I'll be able to make it for the event.

Hope there'll be others coming as well. :)

:gbounce:
Last call, anyone still coming to shoot these loyal cuties??

Damien: It was great to see your photos up so quickly. Very nice shots...especially the last one. The focus is spot-on! Photographing dogs was harder than I thought. Wonder if the owner of the Afghan Hound has seen your photo yet...

Lmodel: Pity we didn't get together at the show. Interesting perspective on your photos, particularly the first. Did you use a wide-angle?

Just thought I'd put up a few of my shots as well, even though they aren't exactly top quality photographs:

1. Jack's Stare
NationalDogWalkJackRusselSuit2.jpg

2. Safe Haven
NationalDogWalkWhiteTerrierBasket.jpg

3. A Siberian Husky Pose
NationalDogWalkHuskyBody.jpg

4. Two Greyhounds; Double the Speed
NationalDogWalkGreyhound2.jpg

5. Chihuahua In A Basket
NationalDogWalkChihuahuaBasket.jpg

fWord: Thanks for the compliment. I'm using a pro-sumer, nothing to shout abt those pix I took haha. Anyway, its not a wide-angle lens but rather PSed.

A Break
013.jpg

Who is the photographer? LoL

Damien said:
The official photographer??

I mean the photographer as captured in the photo. Is it one of the members from CS?

live33 said:
Beautiful husky! The eyes are brown?

Indeed, these ones were brown. I caught a few photos of another with sky-blue eyes, but the pose wasn't quite so good on those. In the past I've seen huskies with a different color in each eye.

Lmodel said:
fWord: Thanks for the compliment. I'm using a pro-sumer, nothing to shout abt those pix I took haha. Anyway, its not a wide-angle lens but rather PSed.

A Break
013.jpg

Who is the photographer? LoL

Well, they looked very good to me, and it is an even greater challenge to shoot with a prosumer cam rather than an SLR because they tend to be less responsive.

The Photoshopping was a clever move...Spherize effects?

fWord said:
Well, they looked very good to me, and it is an even greater challenge to shoot with a prosumer cam rather than an SLR because they tend to be less responsive.

The Photoshopping was a clever move...Spherize effects?

Thanks for thy comment.

No special effects, juz cropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.