National Cheerleading C'ship 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although the place for the cheerleading was at Zouk, the location at the carpark is really like kucing kurap.

Some photos to share.

Watching the competition.

3375527701_dc50c761e4.jpg

Between heaven and earth.

3376360750_a343cabda2.jpg

Looking back.

3377442465_ce6521906c.jpg

Jumpmasters.

3378319368_6e0d604068.jpg

Triple canopy.

3378373360_4c50b64fe1.jpg

More photos in my Flickr album.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/xtemujin/sets/72157615644020183/

Last edited:
here's my contribution.
got blocked tho. sigh.

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

medium.jpg

110520080.jpg

eh. apologies for some not so good res photos.
had to crop. sigh.

and congrats to NTU ACES!

Last edited:
the press and vip shooters shld have a better view. :)

not really. has feedback to the organisers to set up 1 or 2 media platforms for photogs to have a overview of the whole area, but sad to say, it still hasn't been done. i guess this year, all the shots are just 'upclose and personal'. not much of a chance for aerial shots..

it's a real pity that this year's competition is held at zouk's carpark area. The tentage really spoilt the shots. You have some nice moments and some really nice action shots. But the tent and messy background is a killer.

indeed. a very happening place, but at the wrong time..

not really. has feedback to the organisers to set up 1 or 2 media platforms for photogs to have a overview of the whole area, but sad to say, it still hasn't been done. i guess this year, all the shots are just 'upclose and personal'. not much of a chance for aerial shots..

i see. maybe they wanted the tentage cos of the weather lately.

two years ago when it was at PS, they also set up tentage.
That time the tentage sideskirts were so low. cannot see much from outside.
i suppose this year it's slightly better,,, but well, the cheerleaders were cool! hehe.

Wow...nice pics!! Though must agree that the tentage spoils the BG...i guess must be in preparation for bad weather. Perhaps might be better if they hold it indoors...sigh...den must start scrambling to look for 2.8s..hehehe. Guess you can't have the best of both worlds!

Wow...nice pics!! Though must agree that the tentage spoils the BG...i guess must be in preparation for bad weather. Perhaps might be better if they hold it indoors...sigh...den must start scrambling to look for 2.8s..hehehe. Guess you can't have the best of both worlds!

haha.. i feel,for photogs, this year is much better than last year.. white tentage is actually not much of a big problem ..and you get good "diffused" lighting! last year at kallang leisure park was horribly lowlight.. and space was tighter..

for spectators though, guess last year was better for there is aircon ...:bsmilie:

haha. yes yes. borrow some stuff from my friend to try out sports photography. hope i wasn't a nuisance to other people. :bsmilie:

No lah... I was not blocked by you... Coz I was standing on top of something.... but I see that you managed to find your way to the front row after some effort.... :bsmilie:

Hmm.. so you were the gentleman using the Canon 1DM3 with a monopod.... :)

indeed. a very happening place, but at the wrong time..

ah yes notice that guy with the monopod. so its you :bsmilie:

the whole event is just so wrong to held it over at jiak kim street. the host said that they are pushing cheerleading into the YOG but i don't see any chance of making it if the organizers continue to held it at such location. :dunno:

just so amazing seeing all these gals performing...:eek:

I can never flip so high lor...:bsmilie:

No lah... I was not blocked by you... Coz I was standing on top of something.... but I see that you managed to find your way to the front row after some effort.... :bsmilie:

oh ya. i saw what u were standing on. doesnt look stable though. 1 push and down u go. :bsmilie:

ah yes notice that guy with the monopod. so its you :bsmilie:

the whole event is just so wrong to held it over at jiak kim street. the host said that they are pushing cheerleading into the YOG but i don't see any chance of making it if the organizers continue to held it at such location. :dunno:

haha. sorry. i feel like some attention seeking gwc. :embrass:

3375259499_2e1a8cf8f9.jpg

3376988367_a8f29b5c5b.jpg

more to come

heres mine. i can't get to the front row though. i tink the #2 looks like magneto flying haa..

My personal opinion as an experienced cheerleader,

The so called Cheerleading Association (Singapore) is a total management flop. Despite numerous feedback, comments and ideas from parents, schools and public to improve areas like location, media, spectators and the well being of the cheerleaders, nevertheless from the 2nd competition onwards I have witnessed the sad demise quality of cheer events being organised by them.

This time there were no GOH, VIP or publicity. Noticed how many secondary sch and primary school took part. Only to hastily put together a compeitition just for the sake of it. If it is a National Cheerleading Competition then why are there so many loopholes?

I am just saddened by the situation that CAS does not place importance on the cheerleaders, spectators and the media in their agenda. One can think how far the cheer community could go if they rely on such an association. The YOG? I believe it is just a stunt accouncement to make the event feel important.

Well, there is another photo opportunity. The Singapore Kindness Movement Cheerfest 2009. To be held at Ngee Ann City on 30 and 31 May 2009. This event is organised by SKM. So put a date on your organisers for this cheerleading event. :D Cheers!

The so called Cheerleading Association (Singapore) is a total management flop. Despite numerous feedback, comments and ideas from parents, schools and public to improve areas like location, media, spectators and the well being of the cheerleaders, nevertheless from the 2nd competition onwards I have witnessed the sad demise quality of cheer events being organised by them.

This time there were no GOH, VIP or publicity. Noticed how many secondary sch and primary school took part. Only to hastily put together a compeitition just for the sake of it. If it is a National Cheerleading Competition then why are there so many loopholes?

I am just saddened by the situation that CAS does not place importance on the cheerleaders, spectators and the media in their agenda. One can think how far the cheer community could go if they rely on such an association. The YOG? I believe it is just a stunt accouncement to make the event feel important.

Well, there is another photo opportunity. The Singapore Kindness Movement Cheerfest 2009. To be held at Ngee Ann City on 30 and 31 May 2009. This event is organised by SKM. So put a date on your organisers for this cheerleading event. :D Cheers!

If what you say is true, then it is indeed quite sad. It does seem like the competition was hastily put together. To have a competition in a carpark?? More thought and effort can be given for location. I thought kallang was not too bad, HDB hub was ok too... Although a little less light, but definitely still workable and more importantly, clean BG.

Some of the photos here are really nice! but then suddenly got the metal frame in the BG, really killer siah. Really cheapens the image, really sayang.

Well, look at it this way. Organising such an event requires $$$. If you have to buy tickets to go in and watch/support, then would you pay for that? Of coz, then u can probably expect aircon/ventilators and nice backdrops. :bsmilie:

I don't work for them, but i know they are _really_ tight on budget and sponsors.

thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.