my pet spiders - adansoni jumpers

Status
Not open for further replies.
heh. the only way they will go anywhere is if they get 'out of hand' - if they literally jump off my hand when i'm shooting. otherwise, they're very secure in their homes. :)

i've once lost 2 babies during a little shoot, and they popped up in front of me 2 days later. so back home they went. i don't mind if anyone escapes, except for my favourites, min and munster. would be nice to see the rest jumping around in the house. the only thing i fear is lizards eating them. because they've been 'domesticated', they're less aware of such dangers, and are less skilled at hunting (jar-hunt is very very easy)...

sound so cool and cute leh...but i wonder, how do u differentiate the babies which is is which? :bsmilie::bigeyes:

nametags on their jars! haha! :)

they all look identical with the naked eye, but when i look at pics i took of their faces, they actually have their own individual 'face'. very cute. if i sometimes wish i could implant a macro lens in my eye so i can look at them up close whenever!

nametags on their jars! haha! :)

they all look identical with the naked eye, but when i look at pics i took of their faces, they actually have their own individual 'face'. very cute. if i sometimes wish i could implant a macro lens in my eye so i can look at them up close whenever!

they live with each other as neighbours! :bigeyes:
knock knock
who's there?

Very very interesting. Please do keep us posted on their progress. :)

Nice shots too! ;)

raptor1988: will do! i have like a gazillion pics... just trying to get my work done first. :) will post very soon!

sprintist: when they were infants, they lived side by side with no problems. as they grew bigger, they started to look at each other more. then, they started to try to jump on each other through the walls. heh. it was quite amusing. they now have paper partitions. munster goes more berserk watching her kids, so i keep her further away.

blueayz: thank you! i will post more very soon! :)

raptor1988: will do! i have like a gazillion pics... just trying to get my work done first. :) will post very soon!

sprintist: when they were infants, they lived side by side with no problems. as they grew bigger, they started to look at each other more. then, they started to try to jump on each other through the walls. heh. it was quite amusing. they now have paper partitions. munster goes more berserk watching her kids, so i keep her further away.

blueayz: thank you! i will post more very soon! :)

you're making munster stay away from her kids! haha that's mean, she cant enjoy motherhood >.<

I hardly post in this subforum but I must say that you have a knack for capturing a very interesting perspective of your babies. :)

Thank you for sharing the photos. :)

sprintist: hehe! she will be a cannibalistic mother if i let her near her bubs! :)

wolfgang: thank you for the compliments! :)

interesting hobby, pets n shots! wat matters more is ur shots turn out great, not the cam u're using :)

do keep us updated about ur pets. thinking of arranging TFCD for them? :think::bsmilie:

solbadguy: thank you for your kind words! funny you should mention tfcd - all my spideykids and spideybubs are fascinated whenever i put them near my ibook and i'm looking through any of their own pics. they will watch any moving graphics (like watching movie... even if i'm just typing words), but when they see their own reflection (blown up) they're even more transfixed!

but i guess for them, it's more like tfgf - time for good food!

i'm posting more pics now! :)

solbadguy: thank you for your kind words! funny you should mention tfcd - all my spideykids and spideybubs are fascinated whenever i put them near my ibook and i'm looking through any of their own pics. they will watch any moving graphics (like watching movie... even if i'm just typing words), but when they see their own reflection (blown up) they're even more transfixed!

but i guess for them, it's more like tfgf - time for good food!

i'm posting more pics now! :)

seems so tempting to keep them from your description leh..hahaha..u're the first person i know who keeps spiders as pet in such a motherly way..

i think spiders make awesome pets. :)

so will u be so kind to let us have a tfcd session? followed by a tfgf session to reward ur models? lol.. ;p

haha! are you serious? i don't mind but they will freak out if there is another person moving around! what makes it easy for me to take the pictures is that i'm holding a small camera in one hand while min walks on my other hand. minimal movements. they can see pretty far actually, as far as someone walking past my room door outside. min is watching this screen right now as i type. haha.

what i can do is loan you one baby intended for release. you can try shooting it in a mini setup of leaves and whatnot, or you can try the hand thing (i'm guessing you use an slr, so it's not gonna be easy) as long as you're confident that you can handle it and won't injure it. :)

er... but i have no prior experience in handling them! what if i accidentally hurt them :cry:

er... i have a prosumer.. getting my 2nd hand dslr next week ;) but im still an amateur.. hehe

have replied your PM! i'm sorry i can't be of more assistance... :(

wow... nice spider...
nice macro shot.
I wonder how you took the photo since the spider will jump around.
One hand hold spider, the other hold camera. :)

interesting hobby.. nice shots.. but i've a slight arachnophobia.. eversince a huge golden orb spider landed on my helmet and was dangling infront of me years ago in the military :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.