My Pentax upgrade path...

Congrats on your new purchase... Enjoy and take more pictures. If possible, share some here.

Just an update :)

I ended up picking up a new K50 a couple days ago as it was on sale for a great price ($400 CDN w/18-55 wr lens and eye-fi card). Will likely sell the lens since I have the Tamron now. Figure this should be a good upgrade to my K-X. Look forward to receiving and taking snaps with it :)

Congrats and welcome. :)

Just an update :)

I ended up picking up a new K50 a couple days ago as it was on sale for a great price ($400 CDN w/18-55 wr lens and eye-fi card). Will likely sell the lens since I have the Tamron now. Figure this should be a good upgrade to my K-X. Look forward to receiving and taking snaps with it :)

why not keep the 18-55 in case you need the WR? i dun think the lens can fetch that much on resale market also..might as well keep it for the times when you might not want to risk the tamron

why not keep the 18-55 in case you need the WR? i dun think the lens can fetch that much on resale market also..might as well keep it for the times when you might not want to risk the tamron

Good point, would be worthwhile to have around for times when the weather or terrain are not so good.

Now have to find a decent bag to store my gear (body, 4 lenses)... Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Thanks all!

I ended up picking up an Amazon Basics DSLR backpack:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B002VP..._rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1887033422&pf_rd_i=mobile

Should have more than enough room to store my gear. Will continue to use my lowepro holster bag for when I'm traveling light.

Not the best of the best in terms of gear but I'm satiated for the time being :) :p

Thanks all!

I ended up picking up an Amazon Basics DSLR backpack:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B002VP..._rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=1887033422&pf_rd_i=mobile

Should have more than enough room to store my gear. Will continue to use my lowepro holster bag for when I'm traveling light.

Not the best of the best in terms of gear but I'm satiated for the time being :) :p

You're not a local, you're Canadian? i heard the item price in Amazon.ca is much expensive than in Amazon.com.

Is it free shipping for this item?

Yup, I am. Was working in S'pore (where I caught the photography bug) for a while, now back home for the time being.

Generally Amazon.com is usually cheaper, but in this case the bag was an additional 25% off (Prime members deal) and free shipping. So all in, I paid about 30CAD. The same bag costs 25USD which amounts to more than what I paid after conversion. It was cheaper buying the camera and lenses in Canada for me as well as our dollar is taking a hammering.

EDIT: Ended up also picking up a Timbuk2 Snoop Camera Insert (small) to got with my Timbuk2 classic messenger bag:
http://www.timbuk2.com/snoop-camera-insert/869.html

A lot more discreet IMO, and looks like it can hold a decent amount of kit as well :) It was also on sale for $39 CAD.

Also sold my K-X w/kit lens and lowepro bag to a fellow Pentaxian :)

Last edited: