My own stupid studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryk

Mar 8, 2004
This shot of my brother Emil taken in my own stupid room with...guess what....one lamp and a paper reflector i took from my rubbish bin in my room. The retarded thing is that my brother is holding the lamp with his other hand, and he was getting kinda sleepy so hence his sian expression on his face... As usual, when i attach an image it like always has this delay time before it does show up, so i'll post up the URL too until the picture finally pops out.
29619543.jpg

Here's the damn link if the damn attachment is delayed again...i also dunno why....sian...
http://www.pbase.com/image/29619543

Well, it was a small lamp and he was holding it about 10 cm away from him..hahah... i think i also metered wrongly...sian...and i thought i could start my own studio with a lamp and a piece of paper... :confused:

quite a decent shot IMHO. the choice of B&W and high contrast works well for this image. hardly stupid :) thanks for sharing.

Cute - its different - at least there is some expression the eyes. Its looks just on the verge of being too over on my monitor the tones works. The stark high contrast with darker edges work well in this case.

It is possible to work with a table lamp, paper as diffusers and other house hold barang brang. It takes a little creativity to make it work - work at it. That was how home studios were done in the 50's - from a couple of books written in that period. Your sitter has to hold the pose for a minute or 2 - now that makes them work in the picture.

Stupid studio, studio room, but your shot of your brother is not bad at all.

it only shows one thing.. u dun need to have expensive setups and expensive equipment and cameras to get a nice shot... all u need is to work ur brains a lil harder and be innovative...

it's good.

that's all.

it's good.

Nothing stupid about this shot. FIrst off, you've manged to exercise your creativity in overcoming your limitation (lack of studio equipment) and managing to pull of a shot which is a pretty decent effort.

There may be some over exposed parts and the lighting may seem a tad harsh but still, a good effort nonetheless. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.