My new Nikkor lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liangerism

Jul 25, 2007
sidewaysphotographique.com
Hi,

Ive just got my AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8d for my D80.
And I'm confused by the aperture scale on the lens itself.
Whenever i try to set the aperture scale on my lens to lower F-value,
a focus error indicator will start blinking in the viewfinder.
It seems that I could only take pictures with the aperture setting of F22 on the lens itself.
Why is that so? Please advise this newbie.

Thanks and Regards

you adjust the ap on the camera. :)

You must lock it at F22. However when look through the viewfinder the image are still the largest aperture, i.e. F1.8. You must lock the aperture ring at the smallest aperture for all lens with aperture ring. You don't need to do so with "G" lens.

from F80, F100, F5 cameras onwards all newer Nikon camera able to adjust the lens aperture via the sub command dial on the camera body.

your 50mm f1.8 is not a G lens, so it is able to use on older Nikon cameras.

aperture ring for old bodies which cant set aperture on the body.

u use a new cam, just ignore the ring and lock the ring to the higest number.

aperture ring for old bodies which cant set aperture on the body.

u use a new cam, just ignore the ring and lock the ring to the higest number.

For newer bodies, if you use D200 or D2X you can choose to use the aperture ring to adjust aperture instead of using the command dial, but I find it slower.

For newer bodies, if you use D200 or D2X you can choose to use the aperture ring to adjust aperture instead of using the command dial, but I find it slower.

Eh... sure or not?? I dun think can, coz I can never practise using the aperture ring with my AF lenses... The chipping seems to over-ride the aperture ring usage.

I can only use the aperture ring with the older MF lenses...

Eh... sure or not?? I dun think can, coz I can never practise using the aperture ring with my AF lenses... The chipping seems to over-ride the aperture ring usage.

I can only use the aperture ring with the older MF lenses...

There is a setting. See page 171 of the manual, in the middle of the page. You can try but I find it a bit slower and the shutter release sounds a little different, I switched back to using the dials. ;p

ApertureSettingD200.jpg

There is a setting. See page 171 of the manual, in the middle of the page. You can try but I find it a bit slower and the shutter release sounds a little different, I switched back to using the dials. ;p

ApertureSettingD200.jpg

Ah... I see... so it's either the command dial or the aperture ring...

I'll rather prefer the dial, much faster. :sweat:

ApertureSettingD200.jpg

u can even remember the page number.........lol

u can even remember the page number.........lol

You think I so good meh? I checked the softcopy of the manual before I posted lah.. Otherwise how I captured the portion out? ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.