My new D80 with 50mm f1.4d

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawson

Jun 1, 2007
Hi all,

here is 1 of my fav shot i have taken with the 50mm portrait lens.
i saw this maid and a baby enjoying both of his hands happily.
i decided to give a try without flash to see how this lens can perform.

Wow!

i'm amazed that it is fast and i can go max aperture with fast shutter
though the downside is its fixed focal length, zoom is my legs. :bsmilie:
Not a problem, afterall imo i find that fixed focal length lens produce IQ better than zoom.

(maybe it will be very good for night shot as well, haven't try it though cos
i find that not all shots are suitable for max aperture.) :think:

here's a short exif of DSC_3325.jpg
mode manual
aperture f2
shutter 1/100s
iso auto and turn out to be 900)
focal len 50mm fixed
wb auto
sharpness +2
contrast -2

No PP done except resize, any C&C on composition, techniques or anything are welcome
to improve my skills.

DSC_3325.jpg
2967501120057647095S600x600Q85.jpg

thanks,

rgds
dawson

hm.. i think it would be nicer if you crop the maid out of the pic and leave only the baby and his hands.. since the maid is not really in focus and not the main subject of the photograph anyway.. should focus on the baby himself.. :)

eh i'm just a beginner also, juz started my learning journey on photography.. so, this is just my humble opinion on the composition.. i'd love to be corrected if you feel otherwise ^.^

Hi. I just attended a basic photograhy course yesterday and the instructor mentioned that more often than not, most photographers are always so focussed on eye contact with the subject that they forget about checking the composition at the bottom of the picture, ie. including the feet.:think:

swishbrade: good point. i concentrated on his eyes, hands, mouth........oops

costie86: that's another good idea, but i won't crop, probably next chance i'll move
in closer and take half body of the baby cos my intent was only his delicious hands in his mouth.

we know how baby looks like in diaper. ;)

thanks

50mm f1.4 is an excellent lens for close up portrait. do get closer to your baby, might get better result.

i love the 4th shot the best. Seems like everything is in the pic itself. Reali interesting, reali makes me wonder what is he seeing. Whats capturing his attention. I wanna know... for that i would clap...

Status
Not open for further replies.