My Neighbourhood Gems event on 12th July 2014

PMETNetwork

Oct 9, 2012
King George's Avenue
Are you a walking treasure trove of photography experience? Sign up as a volunteer photo leader on 12th July 2014 at Kampung Ubi Community Club. Get to know new photographers on the block as you inspire them to take their best shots. Be profiled on our My Neighbourhood Gems (MNG) portal and at onsite events. Receive a simple token of appreciation and complimentary invites to MNG and PMET events. This will be a great way to share your passion and knowledge with others! Read on for full details…

WHAT DOES A VOLUNTEER PHOTO LEADER DO:
• Lead a group of volunteers and children/youth around Bazaar along Sims Ave to take photos and guide them along the way with tips on taking good photos;

WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A LEADER:
If you’re sociable and outgoing, able to share basic photography knowledge and are confident to lead and facilitate small group learning sessions, then you fit the bill. It will also be a bonus if you have at least 5 years of photography experience!

APPLY NOW!
Simply email us with the following:
- Full Name (please indicate surname)
- NRIC
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Occupation
- Years of Photography Experience
- An attachment or website link containing your photography portfolio

My Neighbourhood Gems events are community-based and non-profit. This new initiative aims to inculcate a sense of belonging and pride in our neighbourhood, as well as foster a spirit of giving and sharing among photographers.

For enquiries and sign-up, please email Hazel_Lim@pa.gov.sg by 25th June 2014!

Event details:

My Neighbourhood Gems Corporate CARE Programme

Date : Saturday, 12th July 2014
Time : 8.30am to 2.00pm
Venue : Kampong Ubi Community Club.

The PMET Division is happy to work with Marine Parade Cluster on a second installment of My Neighbourhood Gems Corporate CARE Programme on 12 July 2014. This is a meaningful give-back programme involving 75 staff volunteers from a corporate company to partake in a half day photography programme with less privileged youth from Marine Parade. Grassroots Adviser Mr Tan Chuan-Jin will be joining us at this event.

The programme includes a photo hunt with beneficiaries around the neighbourhood, scrapbooking, lunch and prize presentation.

The objective is to bring smiles to the less privileged through photography and we hope that you can be part of this programme to make a difference to the lives of these beneficiaries