My Gown Part I - Catherine L

Nice photography whats ur settings thanks

I just shoot normally. The colours are all using simple colour blendings and curves in photoshop ;)

she wore contact lens?
Yeah she did. Most girls do wear contacts for shoots.

her big eyes look a bit scary . . . like she is lost too. :bsmilie:

oh . . . why is her groom?

Her groom no come. Must be shy! Hahah.

Could have been better with more variety of her expression. Eye-enlarging contacts also might not appeal to some people.
I like the pp style :)

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm working hard on creating such vintage effect. :devil:

Same thing ... model's expression is the same throughout and also the expression needs to be more subtle. #1 would have been a nice picture if not for the cluttered background while #4 posture is unflattering imho.
But overall, I think you have really improved a lot in terms of your portraits and pp skills. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Thanks ;)

scary expression.
I kinda like it though. haha. But ok, I will get more less subtle expression and sweeter kinds in future.

only one body posture is okay, the rest are wrong for bridal theme.

all facial expressions are wrong for bridal theme.

the only thing right is technicals; exposure, wb, compo and color mostly ok.

I guess its kinda like an alternative. As I am offically not part of the photoshoot, I usually do not ask the model to go according to my likings and taste but rather according to what the photographers are looking for. And there are phtgs in that session who preferred the fierce 'vogue-ish' looking kind. No offence to anyone though, but I enjoyed the overall effect and agree with the expression the model was able to deliver. Nevertheless, thanks for your compliments on the technicals. Hahah. For me that is more important as I'm a learning photographer so getting techniques and settings right are my priority first. :D

hope nobody takes offence, but... did you PP to enhance her bust in #1? it looks unnaturally perky. :p

Nope. I only PP the colours and the sharpness of the face. Its probably the angle. hehehe.

probably just the gown.
Yeap. :D

If you calibrate your monitor according to the internet standard of sRGB, color temp. 6500k, gamma 2.2, I guess the colours should look similar in IE.. :)

Wah! Thanks buddy :bsmilie:

My Gown Part Deux - Runaway Groom!

Her eyes is indeed big and glowing all the time.

They're not big and glowing. They're fake and dead, plastic like a doll. Having only one facial expression with the "wanna be cutie-pie xmm" lip pout just totally does not work with the theme. Combined with her already lifeless eyes (not that her eyes are not bigger, just the irises are artificially enlarged) it makes her look plastic.

Her facial expression doesn't really match your theme, I agree with the rest that her look would have been better if she were a little smiley imagining that she was going to get married.. not a shocked look... :what:

not sure why but your photos look kinda yellow to me, can't really see the beauty of the gown.. but I do like the composition of all you shots..

Nice model ....lovely features ........ nice expression ................:)