my first shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

icelemontea

Aug 12, 2004
pls comment

12655tree.jpg

The blurred background works well. However, the leaf is too weak to be a subject, esp when the tree trunk is so prominent.

-Background is relatively clean and made less obvious with bokeh (good)
-Focus is on the tree trunk (Good)
-Tree trunk is somewhat underexposed (Not good)
-Composition wise, rule of thirds has been applied, but the perimeter of the picture is not clean.
-Think about why you're taking this picture, and what makes the tree trunk so interesting.
-If you used evaluative metering, the backlight will cause your subject to underexpose.
-I'm glad you've taken your first shot. Now to find some REAL subjects. FOCUS! :bigeyes:

:lol: thanks for all the tips...now that u mention the underexposed part then i realised it

Actually i was shooting something else then i tot this leaf on the trunk would look good with blur pinkish background

let me show u wad i suppose to take....but it didn't turn out well

12655trees.jpg

i didn't think this turned out well

it seemed difficult to have a sharp picture on a wide scale

Ok. For that last picture:

-Composition

With so many things in the image, it's difficult to tell what's the subject. Even if this was a landscape photograph, it would be far better for you to find something with more feeling than the bunch of trees across the street. Speaking of street, always check your viewfinder to make sure you haven't included what you shouldn't (road signs etc).

-Exposure

Still seems a little under. Colour is lacking in contrast, probably due to the back light again. Perhaps you'd like to figure out what your camera's metering system can do for you.

metering system? u mean the auto detection of under or over exposure?

i'm on a 300D and this one is taken with the lens kit at 18mm

my settings were on the highest f and iso was 400, av was on -1 due to the strong sunlight, u couldn't see but the sun was directly facing me :(

yah i couldn't seem to get a sharp picture, wat settings shld i have used?

thanks reflection, ur advice is making my mind think.....maybe i shld go back n try again tmr on the same scene and see if i've improved :p

Why do u need iso 400 on a bright day? not that the tree is going to zoom by. hehe
f stop too.

yah lor...wrong settings....try again tmr, hope the flowers dun die off by then

Status
Not open for further replies.