My First Portraiture Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumiere

Sep 15, 2006
bryanjeanphotography.com
This is my first time doing portraiture.
Comments please.

Qin-003s.jpg

Qin-004s.jpg

Qin-001s.jpg

Qin-005s.jpg

Qin-006s.jpg

Super girl :bsmilie:

first shot white balance is off.

actually, I feel that's the best WB for her... she's pink/magenta on other pics...

i think i know why...my screen is not calibrated is it?
on my screen the WB seems off...so i put on a red filter and it looks ok
so now i use another screen to see after ur comment. indeed its pinkish
my bad bad mistake

my bad bad mistake
the first pic,the skin tone look yellowish on my screen.
Anyone else can confirm?
She need a change of tee,a lighter coloured would look more refresh.

my bad bad mistake

my screen is not calibrated also, :) probably that's why, our monitors can't meet... hee hee...

my screen is not calibrated also, :) probably that's why, our monitors can't meet... hee hee...

i'll not do the enhancement too much then...try to keep it as close to the original as possible...in this way i think i'll know where i need to improve on and take note

i'll not do the enhancement too much then...try to keep it as close to the original as possible...in this way i think i'll know where i need to improve on and take note

Em......;)

For a first timer, you seem to have a natural eye for composition. White balance can be fixed in post-processing, so I don't see much of a problem there ;) :thumbsup:

Good try for the first time!

You may like to go lower for some shots, such as #1, 3 and 4, so that your model has eye level contact with you, unless that is your intention in the first place. A good guage will be to place your camera at chest level of the model.

Thanks for sharing!

Yes, she's a super girl. And reasonable start to portraiture.

The 1st pic is indeed too yellow (as per my calibrated screen). Here's what I think she should look like with a little tweaking on the WB.
Qin-003s2.jpg

Pic 2,3 are too reddish pink.

The more you shoot, the "luckier" you get :thumbsup:

overall is consider very good is for a new attempt on people shots,
just some inconsistency on skin tone.

I like the way she look in #2,
and the last one is a keeper.

#4, you have a nice lighting there, but you have blown the highlight details, and the "chicken feet" posing spoil everything.

Still an amateur myself but

#1 - as others said, white balance is off. Fastshot, my monitors have not been professionally calibrated but I have used Apple's calibration tool - the model's skin tone in your edit appears very pale leaving it looking a bit ghostly and unnatural.

#5 - I would liked to have seen the shot if you were half a metre to the right. That would create a more interesting background, with the out-of-focus pillars contrasting with the in-focus model.

Yes, she's a super girl. And reasonable start to portraiture.

The 1st pic is indeed too yellow (as per my calibrated screen). Here's what I think she should look like with a little tweaking on the WB.
Qin-003s2.jpg

Pic 2,3 are too reddish pink.

The more you shoot, the "luckier" you get :thumbsup:

indeed its better. mind sharing with me wat u did to it?
thanks in advance

overall is consider very good is for a new attempt on people shots,
just some inconsistency on skin tone.

I like the way she look in #2,
and the last one is a keeper.

#4, you have a nice lighting there, but you have blown the highlight details, and the "chicken feet" posing spoil everything.

ya thats wat i thot abt number 4 too. i missed it when i was taking the shot. should have paid more attention to these details. but then also because first time then abit nervous too.

Still an amateur myself but

#1 - as others said, white balance is off. Fastshot, my monitors have not been professionally calibrated but I have used Apple's calibration tool - the model's skin tone in your edit appears very pale leaving it looking a bit ghostly and unnatural.

#5 - I would liked to have seen the shot if you were half a metre to the right. That would create a more interesting background, with the out-of-focus pillars contrasting with the in-focus model.

i get wat u mean for #5 i can visualize it. next time got chance to shoot again i will do it the way u said it to be...but dun say i steal ur idea ah...hahahha thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.