My First few pic with VR105 micro

Status
Not open for further replies.

FadAly

Dec 26, 2006
To all gurus, appreciate your C & C ...;)

green_fly.jpg

fly6.jpg

young_Red_ant_4.jpg

DSC_0449.jpg

Nice shots. I feel that the shots are underexposed. Do you mind sharing the setting for them? In addition, the shots seems out of focus too. Nevertheless, it is a good start. Comparing to yours, my images was terrible when i just started.

Keep up the good work and shoot more.
Eddie

I notice that your shots are a bit out of focus or soft. If you take pix in jpeg, perhaps your cam is set to sharpening is set to soft?

Nice shots. I feel that the shots are underexposed. Do you mind sharing the setting for them? In addition, the shots seems out of focus too. Nevertheless, it is a good start. Comparing to yours, my images was terrible when i just started.

Keep up the good work and shoot more.
Eddie

thks Eddie for the C & C , i'm using the build in flash and aperture priority f18...handheld...
how can i overcome the underexposed and out of focus...many thks...

I notice that your shots are a bit out of focus or soft. If you take pix in jpeg, perhaps your cam is set to sharpening is set to soft?

leyo04 thks for the C&C ...yes i'm using jpeg..i will heed your advice to check the sharpening setting...many thks..:D

thks Eddie for the C & C , i'm using the build in flash and aperture priority f18...handheld...
If you are using Aperture priority and get underexposed shots like these, I would advise you to send you camera to the workshop for a "check-up". The metering has gone wrong except that you compensated your exposure.

Anyway, any reason you used F18 for these shots?

To all gurus, appreciate your C & C ...;)

green_fly.jpg

it 'jumped' or flied up when you were taking this one, most probably due to flash fired

What f-stop are you using? I saw many gurus here shot using F8-f16. :)

the softness could be due to camera shake or subject movement
also some of your focusing point is not spot on,
usually the prefered focus point is on the eye

if you are using AF, then it will be hard to get the focus to where you want it to be
i'd recomend using Manual focus and move the camera forward and backward
until you get the focus to where you want it to be

also try using a faster shutter speed and shoot in bright daylight

Hmmm.... Alex, a VR lens leh..

;-P

how can i overcome the underexposed and out of focus...many thks...

Hi,
First thing first, try to bring your tripod along the next time you shoot macro. Using high aperature value will result in very low light input into the camera and hence to attain correct exposure, you have to use long exposure. You will need a tripod.

For the exposure, have you try to use manual mode? Again you will probable need a tripod for f18. For the ambient lighting, may I know what time of the day did you took these shots?

As for the out of focus issue, i think it is a matter of practising. Try to focus the front portion of the subject of interest such as the eye. Just a suggestion. But you may want to focus somewhere else depending on what type of story you want the photo to tell. By the way, have you adjust your viewfinder dipoter?

Hope it helps.
Cheers
Eddie

If you are using Aperture priority and get underexposed shots like these, I would advise you to send you camera to the workshop for a "check-up". The metering has gone wrong except that you compensated your exposure.

Anyway, any reason you used F18 for these shots?

thks sumball for C&C, there's no reason of using F18, just that with so many pic i take
this 4 pic the best..

it 'jumped' or flied up when you were taking this one, most probably due to flash fired

Thks i120D, yes the fly flied up due to the flash and it make me very hard time to get a nice pic...

What f-stop are you using? I saw many gurus here shot using F8-f16. :)

Thks wisdomworld, i try all of f-stop and with many shots this 4 look ok...

the softness could be due to camera shake or subject movement
also some of your focusing point is not spot on,
usually the prefered focus point is on the eye

if you are using AF, then it will be hard to get the focus to where you want it to be
i'd recomend using Manual focus and move the camera forward and backward
until you get the focus to where you want it to be

also try using a faster shutter speed and shoot in bright daylight

Thks Ortega, i try my best next time with your advise..

Hi,
First thing first, try to bring your tripod along the next time you shoot macro. Using high aperature value will result in very low light input into the camera and hence to attain correct exposure, you have to use long exposure. You will need a tripod.

For the exposure, have you try to use manual mode? Again you will probable need a tripod for f18. For the ambient lighting, may I know what time of the day did you took these shots?

As for the out of focus issue, i think it is a matter of practising. Try to focus the front portion of the subject of interest such as the eye. Just a suggestion. But you may want to focus somewhere else depending on what type of story you want the photo to tell. By the way, have you adjust your viewfinder dipoter?

Hope it helps.
Cheers
Eddie

Thks Eddie, i wil take note your advise & will practice with it..by the way, which is better, tripod or monopod? I couldnt seem to place my tripod at location of taking my pic...

Suggest the following:
- manual focusing (yes, it takes awhile to get used to it, but you will get better results)
- manual exposure (so you have full control over the f-stop for sharpness & DOF, and shutter speed to overcome handshake)
- fill-in flash with diffuser (to provide enough light)

Keep shooting & practicing :)

Suggest the following:
- manual focusing (yes, it takes awhile to get used to it, but you will get better results)
- manual exposure (so you have full control over the f-stop for sharpness & DOF, and shutter speed to overcome handshake)
- fill-in flash with diffuser (to provide enough light)

Keep shooting & practicing :)

Thks nyxx88, advise noted...
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.