My First DSLR Camera

HgC33Snapper

Nov 16, 2010
Upper Bukit Timah
I just bought a Nikon D7000 Kit from TK Foto @ Funan this afternoon. This is the first DSLR I got since I bought the Pentax KM SLR (sounds a very ancient product, doesnt it?) film camera many many years ago when I was still at College. Though I studied the subject of photography as one subject in my lst yr university course, I have laid off the interest of photography for many many years. This purchase marks the rekindle of my interest in photography. But I have a lot a lot to learn and a long way to go. I am reading the manual of D7000 and will be in action to shoot shortly. : )

By the way, the camera came with the Monitor Cover for the LCD. It looks quite alright to put it on the LCD panel. But is it meant to be there permanent or just for temporary protection?

I just bought a Nikon D7000 Kit from TK Foto @ Funan this afternoon. This is the first DSLR I got since I bought the Pentax KM SLR (sounds a very ancient product, doesnt it?) film camera many many years ago when I was still at College. Though I studied the subject of photography as one subject in my lst yr university course, I have laid off the interest of photography for many many years. This purchase marks the rekindle of my interest in photography. But I have a lot a lot to learn and a long way to go. I am reading the manual of D7000 and will be in action to shoot shortly. : )

By the way, the camera came with the Monitor Cover for the LCD. It looks quite alright to put it on the LCD panel. But is it meant to be there permanent or just for temporary protection?
Hi and welcome to Clubsnap!

Congrats on buying a very very capable camera. Make sure you learn the basics and take wonderful photos with it! :D
The good thing about digital photography is that you get "instant gratification", which helps the learning process, in my opinion.
D7000's plastic cover can be a permanent protection for your LCD.
I find my D90's cover a bit ugly, so have gone for a thinner LCD protector instead. Sort of similar to the one for handphones, but harder.

Welcome to cs.

I left it permanently there.

Glad to see you returning to photography.

Congrats on your new purchase nd don't forget to post your photos!

Congrats & welcome.:)

Thanks, everyone. I started to shoot with the camera already, to get familiar with the function of it. Also, I am reading up from the resources available in this club as suggested by some of you, it has been very helpful : ) . Hope to be able to post some good photos here in good time.

Get a permanent LCD stick-on protection. With the Monitor cover, sometimes hard-dust may get ingrained onto the LCD screen if you press the monitor cover too hard.

You may have to wait for the D7000 one to come out, though.