My first dragon fly shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rty

Staff member
Jan 19, 2002
Singapore
IMG_1576a.jpg

Taken with Sigma APO 70-200mm F2.8 EX HSM lens coupled with Uniplus-Tube @ ISO400 F3.5 1/125

it is not in focus ... :) try again to use small apeture size like F5.6 and 8 ...

Sorry, I dun understand why we should use a small aperture. I thought we should bigger aperture so as to create a shallow depth of field and bring out the dragonfly.
I am not too sure. Pls enlighten me.

I think you shld increase ur f value(smaller aperature size) to increase dept of field.

Originally posted by Falcon
Sorry, I dun understand why we should use a small aperture. I thought we should bigger aperture so as to create a shallow depth of field and bring out the dragonfly.

In macro, the depth of field is already very shallow so you need to use a small aperture to maximise depth of field of the subject. In the case above, only part of the dragonfly will be focus if you didn't do that ;)

Originally posted by Falcon

taking a macro shot , it is easily to get a shallow depth of field .. using bigger apeture size will get small portion of insect to get focus ..

usually pple want to see the whole insect to be focus so that it will look like nicer ...

see my dragonfly gallery

Mega: You not working today? Come here and post at this time .. haha ;p

Boss looking at you :what:

okie. tks a lot guys for enlightening me.

Status
Not open for further replies.