.: My Dream Hokkaido Trip Comes True! :.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Henry really nice pictures..... I am very jealous of your tomita pictures as when i went there the flowers were not in bloom and it found it a huge disappointment.

Pity you missed out on Noboribetsu one of my favouite places on the Hokkiado trip

More information on the trip

This 17-day July 2009 Hokkaido trip was chosen because it was one of our shortlisted destination. The temperature was between 15 to 25 degree celcius in Hokkaido and high twenties in Tokyo. We did self drive most of the time in Hokkaido except Sapporo city and Kushiro City (i.e. start and end city in Hokkaido).

This is the overview of our 17-day itinerary:
DAY 1 - SINGAPORE TO SAPPORO
DAY 2 - MOERENUMA PARK AND SAPPORO TV TOWER
DAY 3 - OTARU AND SURROUNDS (小樽市)
DAY 4 - SAPPORO SURROUNDS SIGHTSEEING (札幌市)
DAY 5 - DRIVING FROM SAPPORO (札幌市) to LAKE TOYA (洞爺湖)
DAY 6 - LAKE TOYA (洞爺湖) AND SURROUNDS
DAY 7 - DRIVING FROM LAKE TOYA (洞爺湖) TO BIEI (美瑛)
DAY 8 - BIEI AND SURROUNDS (美瑛)
DAY 9 - FURANO AND SURROUNDS (富良野)
DAY 10 - ASAHIKAWA AND SURROUNDS (旭川市)
DAY 11 - DRIVING TO KUSSHARO (屈斜路)
DAY 12 - KUSSHARO AND SURROUNDS (屈斜路)
DAY 13 - DRIVING FROM KUSSHARO (屈斜路) TO KUSHIRO (釧路)
DAY 14 - KUSHIRO (釧路), HOKKAIDO (北海道) TO TOKYO (東京)
DAY 15 - YOKOHAMA AND SURROUNDS (横浜市)
DAY 16 - UENO AND SURROUNDS (上野)
DAY 17 - TOKYO (東京) to SINGAPORE

Hi Henry,

Those are really fine pictures that you have taken. Excellent work there.

By the way, what camera and lens did you use, especially the UWA lens?

Thanks a lot.

Fantastic. You really captured the essence.

Hokkaido wasn't even really on my list, but now it has to be!! Great job on this set of shots.

Nice series and great effort to present the series! this is tempting haha

nice pictures Henry! what camera and lens did you use for your shots? :)

Nice pics!

Even during my stay in Hokkaido during Autumn, I am already thinking of visiting Hokkaido again in summer for the flowers!

This is a wonderful series of photos! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Hi Henry,

Those are really fine pictures that you have taken. Excellent work there.

By the way, what camera and lens did you use, especially the UWA lens?

Thanks a lot.

Thanks MachIII. I used D90, together with 18-200mm Nikon VR lens. For the pano, I stitched multiple exposures of the scene in Manual Mode using Hugin software.

Thanks MachIII. I used D90, together with 18-200mm Nikon VR lens. For the pano, I stitched multiple exposures of the scene in Manual Mode using Hugin software.

really wonderful series, this goes to show that u dont really need a great lens to shoot excellent pics. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

really wonderful series, this goes to show that u dont really need a great lens to shoot excellent pics. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
This is a hobby for me (so no money), and I have some back-injury, so I cannot carry heavy stuff. The nikkor 18-200mm is perfect for my purpose. For a traveller like me, I am grateful for an all-purpose lens like this. It's not perfect optically, as many would attest, but it is good *enuff* for travelling :) Thanks for the encouragement, hisokaka

Nice pics!

Even during my stay in Hokkaido during Autumn, I am already thinking of visiting Hokkaido again in summer for the flowers!
In the summers, the flowers in Biei and Furano are nice. Can see a whole landscape of flowers in bloom. Different flowers during different part of summer will be in bloom, so make sure you get the timing right :)

In the summers, the flowers in Biei and Furano are nice. Can see a whole landscape of flowers in bloom. Different flowers during different part of summer will be in bloom, so make sure you get the timing right :)

right thanks! You did your own planning and booking of your sefldrive?

Nice series, certainly reminded me of my winter trip last year and autumn trip the year before. Looking forward to my spring trip next year!

Lovely photos. May I ask how do you take your panos - is it turning on a point or moving horizontally?

My pano can never look so nice :cry:

WONDERFUL SHOTS!!

i been to hokkaido too but nv bring my dslr and follow tour.. limited time to shoot also :(

is a great place for honeymoon too..haha

No need SLR lah, the best camera is still the brain. No matter what exposure or harsh light, it will always be sharp with no degradation and can even be played in 3D! ;)

There will be times of regrets with the sharpness or exposure of a photo but never the same problem with the memories - always good and vivid.