My dear Canon Ixus V3...


Status
Not open for further replies.

fidainc

New Member
Oct 25, 2005
4
0
0
#1
I bought this awesome piece of equipment in Nov 2002
Late 2004 it broke down on me and I had the whole lens funnel changed for S$210
Now it happened again but I have no clue if its the lens prob

Question... should I even bother repairing it again or just buy a new one?
How much money I can get by selling a spoilt digital camera? :angry:
 

Jul 17, 2005
2,504
0
0
33
Clementi
#2
aiyoh.....$220 just to repair....hmmm....not really worth it leh. top up a bit more u can get A410. of cos without the cool ixus form factor la.

if u sell...er....$30? :bigeyes:
 

Jun 27, 2002
3,802
0
0
here
www.9frames.com
#3
fidainc said:
I bought this awesome piece of equipment in Nov 2002
Late 2004 it broke down on me and I had the whole lens funnel changed for S$210
Now it happened again but I have no clue if its the lens prob

Question... should I even bother repairing it again or just buy a new one?
How much money I can get by selling a spoilt digital camera? :angry:
you can now sent to canon for free repair if the problem is pertaining to CCD. only for certain models including your beloved V3.
 

fidainc

New Member
Oct 25, 2005
4
0
0
#4
Wat's CCD?

What happen to my DC is that when i snap, the captured photo is all black! But I can still preview old photos in my CF card and can still download photos from the camera to my PC
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#5
Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
aiyoh.....$220 just to repair....hmmm....not really worth it leh. top up a bit more u can get A410. of cos without the cool ixus form factor la.

if u sell...er....$30? :bigeyes:
really? $20 can anot?:think: i dun mind buying. ;p
 

Jun 27, 2002
3,802
0
0
here
www.9frames.com
#6
fidainc said:
Wat's CCD?

What happen to my DC is that when i snap, the captured photo is all black! But I can still preview old photos in my CF card and can still download photos from the camera to my PC

CCD is the sensor, the "film" of your V3, the thing that capture your images instead of the traditional film.

bring to Canon at Harbourfront to check the problem, if its the sensor problem they will repair for you for free, dun sell your camera away for $20-30 dollars because these guys will go and send it for repairs and resell your camera for a premium.
 

Jun 27, 2002
3,802
0
0
here
www.9frames.com
#7
the address is

1 HarbourFront Ave
#04-01 Keppel Bay Tower
Singapore 098632
Tel: 6796 3199
Operating hours:
Mondays to Fridays, 8.30 am to 5.30pm
Open till 7 pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays


call them to check, if you have problems, please PM me if i can help!


 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#8
Belle&Sebastain said:
CCD is the sensor, the "film" of your V3, the thing that capture your images instead of the traditional film.

bring to Canon at Harbourfront to check the problem, if its the sensor problem they will repair for you for free, dun sell your camera away for $20-30 dollars because these guys will go and send it for repairs and resell your camera for a premium.
i tot it'll b a perfect dummy cam for pickpocket on overseas trip. it is a really cam except it is spoilt, inside d batt compartment write a msg "dummy cam 4 dummies"!:bsmilie:
 

Jun 27, 2002
3,802
0
0
here
www.9frames.com
#9
Canon has announced a problem with some of the CCDs used in its digital cameras and camcorders which causes images not to appear or appear distorted. This is due to a malfunction that means the wiring in the CCDs may come undone if exposed to high temperature or high humidity. The affected cameras are the PowerShot A60, PowerShot A70, PowerShot A75, PowerShot A300, PowerShot A310, Digital IXUS V3, Digital IXUS II, Digital IXUS IIs. Canon advises anyone experiencing these problems to contact them to arrange free repairs.

read more here

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0510/05100602canon_ccdproblem.asp
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#13
if you have problems, please PM me if i can help!


[/QUOTE]

den wads tis? :confused: as if lor... :confused:
 

Jul 17, 2005
2,504
0
0
33
Clementi
#14
eh cool guys! :nono: dont argue. :bsmilie:

and fidainc, i think its really just a CCD problem. bring to canon, and they will replace your sensor at absolutely no charge.
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#15
Belle&Sebastain said:
nope, just feel funny that you purposely want to spend $20-$30 so that you will get pickpocketed overseas just to poke fun of the pickpockets? Some effort!
funny meh? its a decoy loose $20-$30 betta den a functioning $400-$900 cam mah. well, i spare little effort on protecting my costly (to me at least) photographic equipements. my cam bag co$t more den $50. & perhaps m not d oni 1 who does tt. some gaffer d whole cam. others spend $$ on dry cabinets. i use decoy!!...:bsmilie:
 

Jun 27, 2002
3,802
0
0
here
www.9frames.com
#16
sORe-EyEz said:
if you have problems, please PM me if i can help!


den wads tis? :confused: as if lor... :confused:[/quote]

no problems man i'm cool!;)

just want to help, i know friends who own the cameras that were affected but do not know of the repair program.
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#17
Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
eh cool guys! :nono: dont argue. :bsmilie:

and fidainc, i think its really just a CCD problem. bring to canon, and they will replace your sensor at absolutely no charge.
thanks Isaiahfortythirtyone, i jus dun like others 2 imply i m up 2 no gd. ;( especially wen d other party dunno me at all!!;(
 

sORe-EyEz

Senior Member
Jun 28, 2005
1,572
0
0
SGee
#18
Belle&Sebastain said:
no problems man i'm cool!;)

just want to help, i know friends who own the cameras that were affected but do not know of the repair program.
if u genuinely 1 2 help others y do u hav to imply tt i hav ulterior motive?;(
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom