Thanks for your comments!

#2 - Common Caerulean, not the pointed blue
#3 - think its the Chocolate Pansy

anyway, nice shots... I like archduke shot

simonsng said:
#2 - Common Caerulean, not the pointed blue
#3 - think its the Chocolate Pansy

anyway, nice shots... I like archduke shot

Thanks! I saw a couple of them while walking in to the ranger station. They were quite approachable, I was so close that I could practically touch their wings. :bsmilie:

cheesypoofs said:
Thanks! I saw a couple of them while walking in to the ranger station. They were quite approachable, I was so close that I could practically touch their wings. :bsmilie:

yeah, quite enjoyable when it comes to shooting b'fly

Nice series.

#7 is not BVT, but Common Tiger.

Thanks everyone for their help to ID!

Madcat II: Most of them are taken in MacRitchie Nature trail and Sime track, the Common Tiger and Blue Spotted Crow is taken in AH. I noticed quite a few forest birds there, but I didn't bring my other lens (50-500mm) along, its too heavy for trekking :(

Papilio: I guess I'm just lucky :D

Nice catch CK. :thumbsup: Nice meeting you and your gf there too. :D

The Archduke is really extra sensitive to the slightest movement and also flash. Did u use flash in the 1st pic?

Good work and keep shooting!

cheesypoofs said:
Thanks everyone for their help to ID!

Madcat II: Most of them are taken in MacRitchie Nature trail and Sime track, the Common Tiger and Blue Spotted Crow is taken in AH. I noticed quite a few forest birds there, but I didn't bring my other lens (50-500mm) along, its too heavy for trekking :(

Papilio: I guess I'm just lucky :D
For Jason and other birders: so far have spotted the following bird species at Sime Forest/SICC area: yellow-vented bulbuls, orange breasted flowerpecker, olive-back sunbird, racket-tailed drongo and also possibly Dollar Bird (did not have my bino with me that day). And erwinx captured a Chestnut-bellied Malkoha at the same area a few months back, quite a rare find I believe.

Garion said:
Nice catch CK. :thumbsup: Nice meeting you and your gf there too. :D

The Archduke is really extra sensitive to the slightest movement and also flash. Did u use flash in the 1st pic?

Good work and keep shooting!

Nice meeting you there too!
It wasn't very sensitive when I was shooting it..I was using flash with my homemade bouncer... I guess it was basking in the bright sun and didn't notice my flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.