Sep 4, 2009
Singapore
:sweat:

6204013265_246e6119fe.jpg

6790752235_0af0191c98.jpg

6076524095_e6a826ed2a.jpg

Other photos on my Flickr :sweat:

Feel free to comment, thanks alot

Would love no.2 in black and white. Otherwise good portraits!

#1 is not bad but kinda oversharpen. Prefer the image to be softer (especially for portraits).

@admadmfz: thanks :D
@sinned79: noted, thanks for your suggestion :D

Quite good except #2 which has the plant in the background growing out of the model's head :) In portraiture, has to pay close attention to the small details & background to avoid mistakes like this. In #3, would have preferred to include more of the shoulders to balance up the head or go right in for a tight face only crop. Also I think a portrait orientation would be better; there are too many empty spaces in the photo. Nice attempt!

Last edited:
Not bad actually :) Good job!
#1 - it would have been better if she turns a bit towards you. Even though this is kinda a candid shot, but the posing seems weird to me, like she is hanging by an invisible rope. Also, by turning towards you just a bit will make her slimmer as that in your photo. Background seems distracting to me. Framing is good but can try to follow the rule of thirds
#2 - as mentioned by s1221ljc, "the plants growing from her head". Did you try shooting in portrait orientation? I think portrait orientation would be better.
#3 - portrait orientation would be better too. I don't know because of the make up or re-touching portion, her eye bags seem a bit unnatural

hi Alex, the photos look good but hope you don't mind a bit of criticism here..

For the second shot, the composition could be better. it looks like a tree sprouted out from her head and she's trying to feel and see what grew out.. i mean we all know this is next to impossible but pictures say a lot and sets imagination running :)

i like the look of the 3rd pic! the feeling is good and the bokeh is nice..

the smile........ can melt gold..