Mummy has to take a Photo first, ok?

Sispecho

Sep 11, 2006
Clementi
P1011189.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?

- Well, just about anything... Title, Compo, technique, anything. I want to hear your response whatever it is...

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?

- When i took this photo i wanted document the many different photographers in a particular 'photographer's choice' location. I have many other photos and this is one of them. The plaza outside Orchard Ion seems to be a hotbed for photo-taking and from what i observe is one of the few places where 'mass photography sessions' are welcome.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

- I was having my one hour break which i had planned to use to 'hunt the hunter'. The photographer now gets hunted, and this particular scene struck me because the mum was taking photos while the children were patiently/or not waiting. I moved to position myself better to take a quick shot. It was evening then at around 5pm or so i cant remember..

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.

-I like the expressions of both mum and daughter. Daughter seems a little pissed based on her body language, while her mum does her thing. What strikes me is the positioning and discipline of the children waiting in a line, waiting for their mother to finish taking the photos. It somehow perhaps tell of the mother's close maternal relationship to her children.

A candid picture by nature, somehow, the shutter release at the wrong timing..mom's eyes were closed. As you'd mention, the only valued point is the little girl's pose and facial expression. The two other boys does not contribute anything.
Overall image a bit soft over here, not sure whether is my monitor.

for excellent street photography with interaction...between subject and camera..take a look at tungtong's works, u will get to learn a lot.