Multi-Point Focusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhiliang

Dec 20, 2006
Serangoon
Hi, sorry have some super newbie questions that i need help with.

1. How do we use the camera's multi-point focusing? Like some cameras have 9 points or 5 points, but seem like can only use the point in the centre only.

2. Then if want to use spot metering, and depressing the button halfway will lock both metering exposures and focus, but say i want my focus to be on another spot, how do i do that?

Thanks.... Sorry for bad phrasing of my questions.

With multi-focus points, you can set which point to use for the focusing. For D80 for example, you can move the focus cursor into either one of the multi focus point. Rmb to unlock the focus points first.

1. How do we use the camera's multi-point focusing? Like some cameras have 9 points or 5 points, but seem like can only use the point in the centre only.

2. Then if want to use spot metering, and depressing the button halfway will lock both metering exposures and focus, but say i want my focus to be on another spot, how do i do that?

select focus point, do focus first (don have to lock), then use AE-L/AF-L button to lock the exposure (have to set function of this btn in menu), finally switch your focus point and/or do a focus before you snap.

Thanks, but i am using the Fujifilm S6500fd and there are no exposure lock buttons like the Nikon D80. And also how can i unlock the focus points on my camera? Doesnt seem to be mentioned in my manual.

switch ur focus mode to manual focus, aim where u wanna meter,half press shutter, then press the autofocus button at the side of the camera to focus on ur object, fully depress the shutter button to take ur picture ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.