Multi-Coated UV filter (B+W and HOYA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyan

Jan 5, 2005
PR
Hi all,

I have both B+W UV-Haze filter (010M, 70209) & HOYA HMC Super UV(0), both 52mm.

I was experiencing some ghosting effect when shooting with a normal HOYA UV filter, so I started reading the forum, and friend also recommended me to buy B+W.

Now, I just want to know what are the key differences between these 2 filters beside B+W is made in Germany. One cost $64 and the latter cost $35. Quite a huge difference in price for me.

Can someone advice me... thank you. ;)

can't really advise u onthe differences between the 2 filters as i have not used them extensively. on hindsight borrowed and used from friends (and also what they tell me), the construction differes slightly as they felt the b&w felt more solid and also the coating differs...

but let me offer u a different opinion on ghosting. try taking off the filters and shooting with just the lens if u are experiencing ghosting. u get the best results from ur lens then.

IMHO, B+W have superior coating called Multi Resistant Coated. Which is smooth compared to Hoya HMC or even SHMC. This allow us to clean it better.

Try clean Hoya and B+W and you will see the difference. Fingerprint also easier to clean on B+W.

Regards,
Arto.

So that is why we are paying $60++ compared to $30++... ? :dunno:

IMHO, B+W have superior coating called Multi Resistant Coated. Which is smooth compared to Hoya HMC or even SHMC. This allow us to clean it better.

Try clean Hoya and B+W and you will see the difference. Fingerprint also easier to clean on B+W.

Regards,
Arto.

So that is why we are paying $60++ compared to $30++... ? :dunno:

The build quality, choice of glass and amount of light it allows thru...

The benefits of spending much less hours trying to clean your filters is already easily worth the $30 more you pay for the B & W.

We should be spending time shooting, not cleaning. If too much time, spend with your family instead.

Oh boy...:( I have 1*B+W and 2*HOYA Super HMC....

So, I should have gotten 3*B+W instead.... :cry:

Well... I think I will just to have to stick with them till they give up on me....

The benefits of spending much less hours trying to clean your filters is already easily worth the $30 more you pay for the B & W.

We should be spending time shooting, not cleaning. If too much time, spend with your family instead.

Oh boy...:( I have 1*B+W and 2*HOYA Super HMC....

So, I should have gotten 3*B+W instead.... :cry:

Well... I think I will just to have to stick with them till they give up on me....

Sell your Hoya filters cheap cheap to me and get another 2 B+W lor. :bsmilie:

Wah... you very fast eh....

Let me consider lah... ;p

Sell your Hoya filters cheap cheap to me and get another 2 B+W lor. :bsmilie:

One thing you did not mention in your post is whether you are using a lens hood or not. If you use a filter than a lens hood would greatly help to reduce or eliminate any flare or ghosting affect.

Regards,
Arto.

i agree very much about the cleaning part... hoya's coating drives me crazy.. i don't even bother to clean it now.

Seems like many supports B+W.... sigh... :cry:

But I already have 2 Super HMC... sell? :dunno:

all my previous/current lenses are using are equipped with HMC only... might switch to marumi once the break... etc :think:

I used to support Hoya until i tried B+W. Now i still got 2 pieces of Hoya Pro 1 digital MC protector and UV(0) available, dunno whether to sell too.

Wah.... like that ah.. bo bian liao lor....

Come come..... cheap cheap... SALE..... HOYA Super HMC 52mm...$30 each? :bsmilie:

I used to support Hoya until i tried B+W. Now i still got 2 pieces of Hoya Pro 1 digital MC protector and UV(0) available, dunno whether to sell too.

Wah.... like that ah.. bo bian liao lor....

Come come..... cheap cheap... SALE..... HOYA Super HMC 52mm...$30 each? :bsmilie:
you sure that is cheap? :bsmilie:

Just bought mah... only 1 day niah

If not, what would be a good price?
well, the filter is yours, you are welcome to sell at which ever price you find comfortable ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.