MR for istockphoto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacePhoto

Oct 1, 2007
New York City
www.flickr.com
Just to ask a quick question for those on istockphoto.com as i dont want to go through their lengthy FAQs, sent them an email for 2 weeks without any reply.

FOr the MR on istockphotos, does it allow MR with other brands/ logos on it? I remb that Dreamstime's doesnt allow other stock website's logo on any MR.

Can someone verify this for istock's? Thanks.

You can try - but it is a lengthy process, as someone else will look at the release and check whether it is the same. For content. If it is, then it's ok. But if not, you'll get a rejection anyway and request just to submit the istock MR form.

If in doubt, just have the model sign the various forms for each stock agency. No big deal.

Last edited:
you can use the universal model release form from arcur's website too.

i previously downloaded DT's MR form and deleted the logo making it neutral and istock accepted too. Now i'm using arcur's one :D

Thanks for the info. Yup. May be switching to generic MR following closely to that of Istockphoto since they got the most 'rules'. Other Stock submitters may want to take note of the experience curve...

No, iStock will not take releases with other logos, and neither would other agencies do so.

Basing your release on iStock's is a good idea. Based on our experience, other agencies accept iStock's MR without its logo readily. If it helps, the "Visual reference" and ethnicity info is not required for all top microstock agencies.

IS recently had an article on model releases (see http://www.istockphoto.com/article_view.php?ID=648&Page=2): "Note also, that generic means that no other stock agencies can be specifically named in the release."

It did however mention that using generic/custom releases can cause delays in approval. Not so much of a problem with us, since being non-exclusives the average time of approval is about a week.

Junjie

IS recently had an article on model releases (see http://www.istockphoto.com/article_view.php?ID=648&Page=2): "Note also, that generic means that no other stock agencies can be specifically named in the release."

Agree with you. Jace I had previously took DT one's and also reedited away DT in its paragraphs, forgot to mention. Junjie thanks for pointing out

Status
Not open for further replies.