Mount Fuji

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am going to take a different tone here and say that i do not like the image

it is a nice reflection, it has a lot of potential, but the framing renders there being a very constricted feel to the bottom. like everything is just shoved at the bottom, with not a very dramatic sky to show for it.

yes, putting the horizon on the thirds is what people will tell you to do. when it comes to reflections, this is a time when the rule can be broken - just put the horizon right smack in the middle , the symmetry and space will more than compensate for the fact that the horizon is in the centre.

personally i would also go a bit wider.

as giantcanopy has already mentioned, the nonreflection portion has been blown out. expose for the highlights there.

btw, eikin has an extremely superb mt fuji gallery here.. :)

Last edited:
I think we took the photo at same place!

00250.jpg

i am going to take a different tone here and say that i do not like the image

it is a nice reflection, it has a lot of potential, but the framing renders there being a very constricted feel to the bottom. like everything is just shoved at the bottom, with not a very dramatic sky to show for it.

yes, putting the horizon on the thirds is what people will tell you to do. when it comes to reflections, this is a time when the rule can be broken - just put the horizon right smack in the middle , the symmetry and space will more than compensate for the fact that the horizon is in the centre.

personally i would also go a bit wider.

as giantcanopy has already mentioned, the nonreflection portion has been blown out. expose for the highlights there.

btw, eikin has an extremely superb mt fuji gallery here.. :)
Noted, will try putting this sort of scenery in the middle of the picture in future. Thanks for the advice

"I think we took the photo at same place!"

Can believe it man!! the same spot!! Haha, we might even stayed in the same hotel!!:bsmilie:

Last edited:
"I think we took the photo at same place!"

Can believe it man!! the same spot!! Haha, we might even stayed in the same hotel!!:bsmilie:

Yes, maybe same! Did you go other lakes to take photos? Many lakes there and need to travel by bus. Another photo taken at 乙女湖.

00298.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.