Mother's day - How is the term "Mother" being define in today's context?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheeseme

Jun 24, 2004
Perhaps we should not miss out to thank the maids on the day and should be appreciate more. They have been looking after our children throughout the day, enduring all their nonsense, maintaining the house tip top clean, and cook for the family.

:dunno:

hi

define mother ( my definition. ) - the lady who give birth to me.

well maid should be appreciated but not on mothers day. firstly. just that we in today context put money/career before the well-being of our kids. so we get the maids to take care of them when we are not able to due to work. so if we still continue as so. i guess we just do away with mother/father day. replace it with maids day. being a parent is more than supplying the kids with money.

but others are free to state their opinion. this is mine. No offence meant.

Cheers

biologically, it's the woman who gave birth to you.

psychologically, it's the woman who has the most maternal influence over you. could be somebody else apart from your mum.

sociologically, it's who you feel most closely associated to based on the social norms of what a mother is. which means it could be another woman.

Hallmark's definition on the other hand is... they don't care unless you buy a card from them professing/proclaiming your love for your mum.

Status
Not open for further replies.