Most expensive camera in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hongsien

Mar 11, 2002
Hong Kong
Visit site
Found this very expensive Linhof 4x5 handheld camera on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3851081247&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Over ONE Million USD !! Could this be a scam? Seller was not yet deregistered at the beginning, but was so at the end. The buyers appear to be real, what I can't believe is that they bid over a million (three apparently genuine bidders).

Hong Sien

Linhof 4X5 Technar with a 75mm Super Angulon going for more then $1 million? heheh I smell a big fat rat!.

A Linhof is pretty expensive but not THAT expensive! This is a mobile hand held version and still in production as far as I am aware.

could be the buyer and the sellers are the same person pulling a fast one on the unsuspecting.

With that sort of money to burn. I would rather use it to have someone take photo's of me.
In my Lambo' :bsmilie:
Then in my Porsche :bsmilie:
And then for something different, in my Ferrari :bsmilie:

kao.. 1 mil.. i put all of them in a bank, get the interests and every month buy new lens, all nikon lens, all third party lenses, buy all digital and flim bodies and the latest flim scanner and a super big electronic cabinate to store them... plus a G5 Mac !! hahahhaa.....

den finally buy a Nissan 350Z ! haha

glennyong said:
kao.. 1 mil.. i put all of them in a bank, get the interests and every month buy new lens, all nikon lens, all third party lenses, buy all digital and flim bodies and the latest flim scanner and a super big electronic cabinate to store them... plus a G5 Mac !! hahahhaa.....

den finally buy a Nissan 350Z ! haha
i'll do that too... :bsmilie:

Ebay charge a fee based on the final price..dun think he will do dat..

sammy888 said:
Linhof 4X5 Technar with a 75mm Super Angulon going for more then $1 million? heheh I smell a big fat rat!.

A Linhof is pretty expensive but not THAT expensive! This is a mobile hand held version and still in production as far as I am aware.

could be the buyer and the sellers are the same person pulling a fast one on the unsuspecting.
You were the right one! Exactly something fishy going on here, and thats what these people intended to do. It is a scam! Read this (at the bottom of the thread):

http://www.largeformatphotography.info/lfforum/topic/499995.html

Hong Sien

hongsien said:
Found this very expensive Linhof 4x5 handheld camera on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3851081247&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Over ONE Million USD !! Could this be a scam? Seller was not yet deregistered at the beginning, but was so at the end. The buyers appear to be real, what I can't believe is that they bid over a million (three apparently genuine bidders).

Hong Sien

Damn, why didn't you PM me on this Hong Sien? I would have gotten in on the auction too! :bsmilie: I think all the guys know that the damn auction is a fraud.

Next time got such a good deal, say earlier lah you Dutchman! You keep all the good ones to yourself! :nono:

I don't think there is anything wrong with the seller, he started the bid at US$150, which is reasonable. It is the bidder that is trying to be funny. There are few things I don't understand:

1. Unless the seller has a few account to try and be funny. That is quite unlikely, why would anyone want to screw itself?????

2. The highest successful bidder has got 475 positive rating and 0 bad rating, usually I would trust such bidder, why would he want to screw himself to receive a bad rating???

Anyway, there are many things we can't understand in this world, forget it and start a good day.

omg... theres someone who actually bought it at 1mil plus !! that man is a millonaire...

i didnt know millionaires go to ebay too! i tot they always buy new stuffs... hahaha...

Status
Not open for further replies.