Morning Market Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ripper

Jan 21, 2002
Visit site
Hi guys,

Just wondering whether you all know of any wet markets to shoot.
Hoping to potray them while they're stocking their items and preparing for the daily sales.
Preferbly the wetter and more crowded it is the better. It'll be best if it's not totally blocked off by tall buildings so that can have some shots with the warm sun rise reflecting the floor or even silhoutteing them.

Also, how many hours of morning sleep do u reckon I have to sacrifice to get these kind of shots yeah? =P

- Bob

ps
Are these markets still open on weekends or they got holiday also.

Hello, So wet that your camera can get water damage?? :bsmilie:

Why don't try Tekka market serangoon???nice lah

yups, good place.
andylee said:
Hello, So wet that your camera can get water damage?? :bsmilie:

Why don't try Tekka market serangoon???nice lah

meng said:
yups, good place.

For water damaging your camera?? :bsmilie:

Been wanting to do that for a long time but cannot wake up. :embrass: Tat time go there got one young boy said cannot shoot. you know why?!His mother's stall is spilling onto the road. Guess they thought me was reporter & wanna report them to the police that they are displaying their goods ON THE ROAD.....

Tekka market serangoon.... wah interesting.
Do you happen to have the address, or how to get there?

Wahaha, good lah. That means u look as pro as a reporter! :p

Now u got me hesitant as to whether I want to sacrifise my precious mornign zzzz man. haha
haiz, how early u reckon we have to be there to catch the action ah?

- Bob

Oh, and do they open on Sundays too?

Ripper, best to catch them is close to 7am or earlier if you can and stay will 10-11am thereabouts.
I might be organising a private shoot to 1 market and housing estate...but not so soon...november...see whether you are interested to join us then.

P.S: Sundays too
Ripper said:
Oh, and do they open on Sundays too?

6 to 7am is good time in ur neighourhood market.

If u like seafood, try pasir panjang fish mart between 12 to 2am :thumbsup:

After the shoot, u can buy cheap n fresh crabs, lobsters...etc :D

Ripper said:
Hi guys,

Just wondering whether you all know of any wet markets to shoot.
Hoping to potray them while they're stocking their items and preparing for the daily sales.
Preferbly the wetter and more crowded it is the better. It'll be best if it's not totally blocked off by tall buildings so that can have some shots with the warm sun rise reflecting the floor or even silhoutteing them.

Also, how many hours of morning sleep do u reckon I have to sacrifice to get these kind of shots yeah? =P

- Bob

ps
Are these markets still open on weekends or they got holiday also.

i think the chinatown wet market will be a good one. used to have all sorts of live poultries there ... :)

Azure said:
Still have one vacancy for this Sunday.....
Don't worry, I shall not be using a DSLR.
:sweatsm:

Wahaha, that's the way mah. Must give chance to newbies like us kay :bsmilie:

Where will u guys be shooting ah?
Coz got a brunch at friend's house at 10 lah.
So dun know whether I can stay for long not....

- Bob

horizoner said:
i think the chinatown wet market will be a good one. used to have all sorts of live poultries there ... :)

And they have carrots flying at you too......kena before.... :bsmilie:

Azure said:
You! Where got newbie?!? Going pro liao ah!
Ripper--> :kok: <--Azure

Wahaha, pro? Prostitute maybe still can make it. haha
Still nothing compared to all u 'lao jiaos' man. Got lots more to learn.
:)

May we all keep shooting and improve together yeah! :D

Neway think I'll be goign down to Tiong Bahru market tom after all. Dun know whehter I'll still be there when u guys come. (what time ah?) Do contact each other when u guys reach yeah.

BTW, u mentioned that it is closing down soon. Do you happen to know exactly when?

- Bob

The following comments come from a local vegetable seller:

You should ask the market folks first before you take photos of them while they are doing their work. You wouldn't like people to take photos of you while you are working right?

Actually cannot blame the older folks lah, they are pan tang about cameras. Nowsadays, if i ever encounter these folks, i stop shooting, move to a further distance then zoom in from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.