Jed

Jan 19, 2002
UK
Visit site
eagles1.jpg

TJ Walker has Larry Johnson for company
as he drives to the basket.

eagles2.jpg

Shawn Myers goes sideways to the basket.

eagles3.jpg

TJ is illegally impeded as he drives to the basket.

eagles4.jpg

Malcolm Leak turns on the style against
his former team mates.

Enjoy.

No, it isn't the same Larry Johnson! Although we have had one or two NBA players in the league, and some that have done on to the NBA. Last season we had Loren Meyer playing for Chester.

Depends on the digicam... ;) those were taken with a digicam!

Remember, there are more than 1 class of digicams. Consumer digicams and Professional digicams (digital SLR). The professional digital SLRs can do just about anything that film cameras can, but the consumer ones cannot, like shoot those action shots you see above. ;)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by ckiang
Remember, there are more than 1 class of digicams. Consumer digicams and Professional digicams (digital SLR). The professional digital SLRs can do just about anything that film cameras can, but the consumer ones cannot, like shoot those action shots you see above. ;)

Regards
CK

Oh that means my C2040Z won't be able to take those action shots liao :(

Never say never. If you can manual focus then I'd argue you could take those pics as well. At any rate, if you were trying to take those pics, then you'd be in the Telewest and I'd be there, and I've got a spare D1 kicking around that you could borrow ;)

Originally posted by Jed
Never say never. If you can manual focus then I'd argue you could take those pics as well. At any rate, if you were trying to take those pics, then you'd be in the Telewest and I'd be there, and I've got a spare D1 kicking around that you could borrow ;)

How about I pay the freight costs and you freight it over here for me to play around? :)

Regards
CK

Originally posted by StreetShooter
You use MF for those shots?

Why not AF? Isn't the D1 AF fast enough for that? I mean, if you were using a D30 I could understand....

I think Jed is talking about using the Oly in MF. The consumer digicams can never focus fast enough. :p

Regards
CK

Prefocusing for basketball should be ok because the action is near the basket. On the other hand shutter lag is a big problem...

Originally posted by Jed

Yes I meant manual focus. The issue with the consumer digital cameras is that their AF is slow. Because of the great DOF associated with the small digital sensors in consumer cams, the actual focus is immaterial. Focus around or about, and the DOF will carry the rest. The idea is to just stop the camera from hunting back and forth.

The shutter lag is a problem, but is overcomable. I considered when I wrote the first reply, but if you can set the camera to manual focus and stop the hunting, you can get pictures. Sports photography is about anticipation, not reaction. You get used to every camera's shutter lag if you use it enough. That applies to the digital SLRs as well.

Yeah, the D1's autofocus is rubbish, even worse than the D30, just that no one will admit it. Nikon's never really been keen on autofocus really ever since the F4's legendary AF performance, and the only reason nobody seems to know this is because anyone who's shelled out the money for their cameras won't admit they've paid all that money for a lemon. :(

Hey, I'm kidding. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.