Moonset Evening

Status
Not open for further replies.

wong1979

Aug 16, 2005
Hi guys! This is my 1st real attempt to try a night scape. I was walking along Changi Beach in the evening but couldn't find any interesting subject to take home. As I walk towards the Changi Cargo area, I saw an opening by the trees that reveal a crescent and a few stars that are about to set.

moonset.jpg

Picture was direct from camera, jpeg. No PSing done except for cropping for composition and adding in some words and framing.

Comments on whether do you find this scene ordinary or something, anything..this is my 1st time begging for critics :)

changiCargo.jpg

The big picture ...

nice composition, but it is so hard to do a natural night sky scene in singapore. the palm trees and the clouds reflect the yellow light which make the pic look artificial, and not natural.

espion said:
nice composition, but it is so hard to do a natural night sky scene in singapore. the palm trees and the clouds reflect the yellow light which make the pic look artificial, and not natural.

Quite true, looks unreal or surreal, like a ditally created image. But I kinda like the effect of what a "straight out of the camera" picture can produce. I have done other frames of the same scene and they do look a bit natural, but dark and not nice. Need long exposure, and high F-stop, to bring out the colors which is surreal.

I checked on the exif and discovered that the 1st picture is actually F5.6 at 5 secs, hmmm, I thought it was quite the opposite. Anyway, here's another at F8.0 at 25 secs, I don't think it looks nicer.

6sep05113Medium.jpg

Hi,
The cropped, PS'ed picture works for me. The color of the sky suits the title. :thumbsup:

Would have been nice if the moon was a little larger tho.

Just my 2 cents.
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.