Moon with Oly B-300 + Pana VW-LT2E

Status
Not open for further replies.

tankm

Nov 29, 2004
tankm.fotki.com
Experimenting with combining two teleconverter.

Olympus B-300 x1.7 and Panasonic VW-LT2E x1.45.

The combine teleconverter looks like this. Looks like it is build for each other.

normal_P1000147a.jpg

100% Crop photo of the moon taken with the combined teleconverter.

normal_crop-P1000127.jpg

normal_crop-P1000121.jpg

Uncropped photos, photos with just the Oly B-300 for comparison purpose are available at:
Tele-Moon Album

Sorry, don't remember the pricing. This was bought long long (3 years back)ago for experimenting on my other digicam, which can't even come close to taking a viewable moon photo.

The Olympus B-300, I believe is hard to find in the market right now. The Olympus TCON-17 is similar to this.

John Teoh said:
Ok thanks. Look like I just stick to Tcon in this case.

If you already have a TCON, you can try experimenting by attaching a second teleconvertor to it. The best way to do this is if you can borrow from friends. This will be the most cost effective as not all teleconvertor can go together. Even if they can go together, the result may not be what you expected. As the TCON most likely do not have any front thread, the second teleconvertor must have a front thread so that the TCON can be attached to it.

For my case I happen to have both lenses, and I initially experimented by taping both lens together without the step-down ring to check if it works to my expectation. Found it is ok, I then proceed to find the proper step-down ring to join them together.

How often will I use this lens combination, most likely very seldom. The only occasions I can think of is photographing the moon and if I happen to go to Sg. Buloh to shoot birds. I did it just out of curiosity and only need to spend $6 on the step-down ring.

Have Fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.