monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

vader

Aug 25, 2003
DEATH*
Visit site
Hello all, I would like to buy a monitor for my scanning used but I'm not sure which is good. :dunno: Plz recommend some monitors which can be calibrated and good in terms of the sharpness, clarity and suitable for general purpose used. Like editing pictures and scanning used. Plz don't laugh at me if I say something wrong.....I'm no good in PC stuffs. :embrass:

Monitors need to be at least 17 inch ....hopefully can get slim type one. budget at max should be S$1.5k.

If u wanna stick to conventional CRT monitors, I'd recommend the Sony G series..

The Sony G series is good, but if you just struck the big sweep, go for the Sony Artisan monitor with built-in spectrometer! $$$$$

Seriously, you can also consider the Samsung 959NF. It's using the Mitsubushi Diamondtron tube, which is pretty good and comparable to the Sony Trinitron tube. And it's 19" so you'll have nice space to work with.

For LCDs, you'll have to spend top dollar to get really good performance that's comparable or better than the best CRT. A Sony G420 cost $800 plus, and for the same real estate and quality, I'm guessing you'll have to spend $2000 plus for a LCD of the same quality and size.

otnaicus said:
If u wanna stick to conventional CRT monitors, I'd recommend the Sony G series..

Hmmmm, G series sounds good juz like minolta G lens... :D if it's for pro scanning demo use is it ok?? pray tell me how much it cost man for 17-19 inch....thanks in advance. :thumbsup:

Hihi neo, it's trinity here.....follow the white rabbit.... :D

okok, serious now....can you tell me how much the monitor "sony artisan" cost?? thanks man. :thumbsup: :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.