Mobile broadband plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_lan

Mar 15, 2003
Visit site
Thinking of getting a mobile broad band plan to work on the go.

How are these plans? are they worth the money, and which plan is better?

is reception an issue?

thinking of just linking up with my M1 one. any comments?

i'm using starhub cos i'm already on maxonline. so 50% off the subscription for the ultimate mobile plan.

some said the reception for the m1 is quite bad. my starhub is quite patchy too. at home in CCK, pretty good. over in my workplace, highly dependent if i am near a window. over at suntec, it is pretty much useless in an enclosed conference room. i was there 2wks ago for a conference. gave up trying to get a connection.

pretty much a hit or miss affair, i'm afraid. still it is pretty useful to have if you are on the go as you are not at the mercy of finding a hotspot.

is M1 1Mbps better than connecting to free wifi hotspot(wireless@sg)?

one more question, is wireless@sg connection on N technology or still maximum 54Mbps G technology?

experts?

is M1 1Mbps better than connecting to free wifi hotspot(wireless@sg)?

one more question, is wireless@sg connection on N technology or still maximum 54Mbps G technology?

experts?
I think the hotspots are definitely faster most of the time. For tyhe mobile modems you are dependant on the usage of the base staions that you are nearest to. ........

If there are many phone users using the base station near you, then your connection may be slower or not existent even.......try at another time

hmm...

then i guess there isn't much use getting the faster download plans since they are limited by connectivity?

Is that right to assume?

Status
Not open for further replies.