MO: X-Drive II (complete Set with car charger)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi EastGear...

Thank you so much for meeting up with me to pass me the X-Drive II...

Can you explain more on the compatibility problem with RiData's CF cards???

I intend to get some RiData 512MB... but now you said got problem... I think we would like to understand the problem here a little bit more...

Is it unable to read or write...??
Unable to recognize the card???
Data integrity problem???

Appreciate it if you can provide more details...

Thanks..

Originally posted by EastGear
The compatiblity problem is more with RiData than with X-Drive II. RiData has problems with few camera models as well as some card readers. X-Drive II only has problems when RiData cards are used. All other types/brands of media have zero incident with X-Drive II. EastGear.com works closely with X-Drive II manufacturer to constantly monitor the progress of X-Drive II in the market and amongst users.

We would advise users NOT to use RiData media with X-Drive II.

You are welcomed, spycyfish.

Some RiData CF users have complain of date corruption when the files are copied to the X-Drive II.

You may read more abt this here:
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30633

Originally posted by spycyfish
Hi EastGear...

Thank you so much for meeting up with me to pass me the X-Drive II...

Can you explain more on the compatibility problem with RiData's CF cards???

I intend to get some RiData 512MB... but now you said got problem... I think we would like to understand the problem here a little bit more...

Is it unable to read or write...??
Unable to recognize the card???
Data integrity problem???

Appreciate it if you can provide more details...

Thanks..

Kayabun,

we have never implied that parallel importers are not "reliable" and cannot be "trusted". I have also never insist or imply that everyone should get the X-Drive II from me.

All we said was that we will not service any users who bought the X-Drive II from parallel importers. We also wish to highlight to consumers who are the official distributors and who are the parallel importers and the difference and consequence of buying from parallel importers instead of official sources.

Our price and package is stated clearly. This MO thread is for sincere buyers to place orders and enquire about the product.

Please do not haggle over prices in this thread and ask if we are willing to match the prices of parallel importers. The products are different. The service, support and warranty is different. Would you walk into Harvey Norman and scream to the salesman that all the electronic products can be brought at cheaper prices at SLS?

Please stop making a nuisance of yourself (like you have done with the Transcent CF MO threads). Do everyone a favour and go to memory world.

Hi EastGear!
Have you tried this PQI CF with XdriveII?

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=34792

Any problems?
Thanks!

..NuTs..

Originally posted by EastGear
The compatiblity problem is more with RiData than with X-Drive II. RiData has problems with few camera models as well as some card readers. X-Drive II only has problems when RiData cards are used. All other types/brands of media have zero incident with X-Drive II. EastGear.com works closely with X-Drive II manufacturer to constantly monitor the progress of X-Drive II in the market and amongst users.

We would advise users NOT to use RiData media with X-Drive II.

From what we understand, only RiData CF have compatibility problems. All other types & brands of media work fine on the X-Drive II. May I stress that the compatibility problems lie with RiData and not with the X-Drive II.

Hi,

Pardon my ignorance... can the X-Drive II be used as a digital portable storage for other files (other than digital photos) ? as in, can I copy files from my PC onto the X-Drive II to be transferred to another machine ?

Has the MO ended ?

thanks!

The X-Drive II acts as an external hard disk and so it can be used to store files and other kinds of data and be able to transfer from one computer to another...

I would be to share with everyone in regards to RiData CF cards in relation to the X-Drive II.

I got my set in March and not from EastGear with his regular MOs of the X-Drive. So far, I have no problems transfering files from RiData to X-Drive II. I have been using both 512MB and 256MB cards. The only problems encountered were the fault of the user (basically me). If I had known that EastGear was doing the X-Drive II MO, I would most likely have gotten mine from him as I know for sure that there would be a service facility to repair the X-Drive. Now, I know that if my set goes bust, I would have to look for alternate ways to do digital storage.

Other than that, EastGear is indeed a nice person to deal with and I must commend him for his commitment to provide all ClubSnappers excellent service by being at every SEED meeting. No doubt that I have only made very small purchases from him, but I would most likely continue to buy products that are related to battery issues in the near future.

Thanks, agape.

Eastgear:

Are the Xdrives in town ? I'll be leaving Singapore end june so I hope that they are in. If so, I'll make the order soon.

Thanks !

Originally posted by agape01
The X-Drive II acts as an external hard disk and so it can be used to store files and other kinds of data and be able to transfer from one computer to another...

I would be to share with everyone in regards to RiData CF cards in relation to the X-Drive II.

I got my set in March and not from EastGear with his regular MOs of the X-Drive. So far, I have no problems transfering files from RiData to X-Drive II. I have been using both 512MB and 256MB cards. The only problems encountered were the fault of the user (basically me). If I had known that EastGear was doing the X-Drive II MO, I would most likely have gotten mine from him as I know for sure that there would be a service facility to repair the X-Drive. Now, I know that if my set goes bust, I would have to look for alternate ways to do digital storage.

Hi I would also like to add my comments on using the X-drive II. I find it has many good uses. I am using it as an external 40GB HDD. It serves this purpose very nicely with a USB 2.0 connection and it's own power source making it easily useable from my laptop which sometimes has problems of power with other external HDD's. It is also a CF, smartmedia and SD card reader, so these different media can be inserted and viewed as drives on your computer. It's main usage is to free up your CF/SM/SD media while you are away from your computer, and allows you to copy from the media to the HDD with the press of a button. But not vice versa. My main problem is that my set is not able to read Ridata cards, because I have 2 Ridata CF which are now not as useful to me. I tried reformatting using different operating systems. But no luck in getting the Xdrive II to read them.

Can I use the X driveII just like a computer hard disk? Meaning copy programs between 2 drives.

What's the differences between image tank and X drive?

Left a phone message on sat. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.