MO: NP-E3 Ni-MH Rechargeable battery for 1D series camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wai said:
more than 20 pcs liao

can order soon? :D

Thanks wai and everybody for the support. I am in need of the batteries very badly for my 1D cam. More kan-cheong than most to get them.

It is important that I serve you all well and with utmost honesty. My objective is to get all of us a reasonable battery at an affordable price. Please read below concerning the battery.

a. It last quite a fair bit longer. More than 600 pics on the 1D.
b. The older batches did not hold charge for very long if left unused. Some recent users reported said that they did not face this problem.
c. The latch is not as good as the original. (However, Cathay Photo is said to stock the good latches. Hence, it can upgraded it at a cost)
d. The holes for charging cable can be a bit tight.
e. There is a six month guarantee from the company selling - mydigitaldiscount

Kindly understand that if your battery happens to be an odd one that is not working, you have to change the battery with the company. I will assist fully with all information and assistance you need. You will bear the freight cost.

For those who do not want this bear this risk or hassle, as an added service, I am willing to absorb your risks for $80 per battery - giving a one to one exchange battery immediately if yours is not working.

Kindly forward the amount of your order to my POSB account below. Do pm/sms me if you have transferred the money. Thanks.

Tang Peng Seng
aka Toggy
POSB 121-22593-00

1) Silverpixel (x 02)
2) Buzz (x 02)
3) dbcs (x 02)
4) knoxknocks (x 01)
5) wai (x 01)
6) Damienos (x 01)
7) Thor (x 06)
8) Romulus (x 02)
9) user111 (x 02)
10) B&S (x 02)
11) Stoned (x01)
12) beachbum (x03)
13) Larry (x02)

Just in case you are trying and can't transfer, the A/c no is incorrect. There is an extra "0". The correct number should read:

121-22593-0

Just called him to check :p

Thanks Romulus, that is correct. I was dog tired last night when I posted. The number given is invalid and cannot go through. The correct number has one less zero. This is as below:

POSB Account: 121-22593-0

Hi guys, below is a thread on the latest batch of the batteries that we are buying. I hope to catch this batch. Please assist me by completing the payment so that I can raise the order quickly with confidence. Thanks!

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/200322

Hi guys, I have been informed by a trusted CS member that the PBE3 battery latches should be available in Canon Professional Svc. This is important for those who may want to upgrade their latches to enjoy the best of both world. ;)
Cathay is unlikely to have these small parts in stock.
I will check up the cost and information later for all of us.

the latch costs $45 a piece last time i bought them. Just so you know.

Good news for all ! The funan shop finally got a PB E3 battery going at SGD $35 according to the link below. If this is the same specs and same (or better :bsmilie: ) battery, there is no need for me to do the MO ! So hold our horses for a while as we check it up.
For those who have already send the money for the MO to me, no worries. I will return it all to you if the general group decision is to buy from the Funan store itself . Besides saving another 15 bucks per piece, the guarantee is right at home - this is a huge advantage!

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=124199

may be some of us can go down to test out the batt one day....and see if can neg. a better price for bulk purchase?

I just bought one piece to test. Fits well and works well. I will be charging and discharge it 3 times tomorrow to test the battery itself. Rather happy with it thus far and will report on it further.

i have one piece from the funan store (pix and pixels, 04-21) and the twistlock sensation when after inserted into the 1d body, is better than that of the other 2 pieces which i already have ( which i think is black diamond one)

but that piece states 2100mah vs 2200mah on the other two pieces but the difference should be trivial i guess.

lets pray all our npe3 will now be from the funan store.

for the "charge and discharge 3 times" ritual is it really valid? i only read about it from robgalbriath forums (backnumber) but surprised that toggy actually does practice this ritual..everybody elas also does this? is thsi ritual unique to the 1D or is generalised across rechargeable batteries in general? cheers

user111 said:
i have one piece from the funan store (pix and pixels, 04-21) and the twistlock sensation when after inserted into the 1d body, is better than that of the other 2 pieces which i already have ( which i think is black diamond one)

but that piece states 2100mah vs 2200mah on the other two pieces but the difference should be trivial i guess.

lets pray all our npe3 will now be from the funan store.

for the "charge and discharge 3 times" ritual is it really valid? i only read about it from robgalbriath forums (backnumber) but surprised that toggy actually does practice this ritual..everybody elas also does this? is thsi ritual unique to the 1D or is generalised across rechargeable batteries in general? cheers

I did not know that I was so ritualistic.
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Actually, I remember reading that the batteries are basically chemical reactions. Certain batteries do not reach their full chargeable potential until after a few cycles. I deduce that this 'charge three times' recommendation by the manufacturers instruction is to enable the battery operate nearer to their max capacity - so that less users will say that their battery dies very fast.
I use quite a bit of AA rechargeable batteries and do notice that these start to last much longer after eight recharged cycle. They peaks after a while and then start to deterioate after a few hundred recharge cycle.

cool.

then i will join the ritual :cool:

that piece i bought for $80.. but now if all goes smooth then will be 2piece for $60.. so its not bad ;)

toggy, small world to meet u there at funan yesterday. so u got them all at once? bulk purchase?

anyway, tried the two i bought on my 1ds. fit perfectly, no problem on the latch.

as for the batery life, guess i have to try the "formula" of discharging 3 times as recommended by the experts.

but it comes with 6 mths warranty, the store owners claim that i can change them if the battery goes flat atfer a few rounds. let's see, keep my fingers cross...............

Got 1 for testing to be safe. Everything fits well with mine too. :D
Rather happy with it. I am letting the battery to sit on its own and see if the battery indicator points to fully charge after a few days. The shop owner tested this batch and said that the charge holds. The 2100mah holds a lot more power than the original.

I am afraid I have to cancell my orders. Managed to pick up the batteries from Funan at $35 per piece.

Thor , no problem. I just went to the store again. They do not have any more left. How did you get it? or is it from another shop. I am trying to get this for our mass order. Pse update. Thanks.

wah last time i bought from there is $85 a piece now $35 liaoz :angel:

tOGGY said:
Thor , no problem. I just went to the store again. They do not have any more left. How did you get it? or is it from another shop. I am trying to get this for our mass order. Pse update. Thanks.

NO more already I place an order from them just now have to wait for their next shipment. If you need one they may able to sell you cause the keep a few for the '1 To 1 exchange' if need more have to wait. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.