MO: MagicStor 2.4GB Type II CF Microdrive (S$399 by EastGear)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastGear

Hi!

EastGear.com is organising a MO for:

MAGICSTOR 2.4GB Type II CF Microdrive

magicstor.jpg

Capacity : 2.4GB
Interface : CF + Type II (ATA and PCMCIA compatible)
Rotational Speed : 4,200rpm
Media Transfer Rate : 52.4 - 99.6 Mbits/sec
Transfer Rate : 3.6 - 7.1 Mbytes/sec
Seek Time (avg) : 10 millisec
Power Current (write/read) : 275mA
Power Current (idle) : 18mA

Interested parties can view the product at http://www.gs-magicstor.com

Recommended Retail Price : S$529 each (inc 4% GST)
EastGear.com Price : S$399 each (inc 4% GST)

[MO Closing Date]
22nd July 2003, 11:59pm

[Collection Details]
Collect at EastGear, Peninsula #02-08 (10am to 7pm on weekdays, 11am to 6pm on satursdays, closed on sundays & public holidays)

[Payment Details]
C.O.D.

[Warranty Policies]
- Limited Warranty for One Year

[Contact Details]
Who? : Daniel (EastGear)
Where? : EastGear, Peninsula Plaza #02-08
Call? : 68371582

Please add your name to the list
=======================
1) myname (xx pieces)
2)

Can it be used on a D60 or G2 which are FAT based?

Sorry, don't mean to disturb your business, but the guy at storage studio (SLS) told me only the 10D, which supports FAT32 can see the full 2.4GB capacity. He has one piece, the last time i went. Maybe someone with a D60 or G2 can confirm?

Originally posted by ST1100
Sorry, don't mean to disturb your business, but the guy at storage studio (SLS) told me only the 10D, which supports FAT32 can see the full 2.4GB capacity. He has one piece, the last time i went. Maybe someone with a D60 or G2 can confirm?

ST1100, even with FAT32, you will still see 2.3GB only.

D60 and G2 formats by FAT16, but you can use a FAT32-formatted card in them. For that matter, any digicam that supports Type II CF will be able to use this MD.

However, with FAT16, you will only see 2.0GB.

Ooo ooo... mistake.

Not all Type II CF cameras can recognise FAT32. You just have to format in FAT16 so that the MD can work in them.

Did try the pre-product version in IT Show 2003. When I put it into my S2PRO, the camera could not recognize it. The fellow explained that S2 and most Nikon cameras (e.g. D100) does not support FAT32.

Originally posted by Ardis
Did try the pre-product version in IT Show 2003. When I put it into my S2PRO, the camera could not recognize it. The fellow explained that S2 and most Nikon cameras (e.g. D100) does not support FAT32.

I read from somewhere, even if the camera cannot support FAT32, it should still be able to see 2GB.

Originally posted by EastGear
No problem, it is compatible with any device that supports Type II CF.

Eastgear, if only 10D can support the full 2.4GB and others can only see 2GB or not at all, i think this had better be spelt out up front to avoid any unpleasantness down the road.

Just trying to be helpful.

i would get one, but i already have 2x1GB, unless someone willing to take them off my hands.

Originally posted by Ardis

According to Avatar, it will work work with D100 with Ver.2.0 firmware update.

Originally posted by ST1100
Eastgear, if only 10D can support the full 2.4GB and others can only see 2GB or not at all, i think this had better be spelt out up front to avoid any unpleasantness down the road.

Just trying to be helpful.

i would get one, but i already have 2x1GB, unless someone willing to take them off my hands.

What are the 2 x 1GB CF you have? And how much do you want to sell them for? :D

The 2.4GB card is formatted at 2GB on my G2 so this would also imply that the D60 and G2 are able to take the card but would format them to 2GB instead of the 2.4GB.

The card is being tested by SEED members now...

Works fine with the 5050.

Currently, it seems that all cameras that support Type II CF can see at least 2.0GB capacity on this card

Camera models tested on:

Canon 10D
Olympus 5050
Nikon Coolpix 5700
Canon G2

Status
Not open for further replies.