MMCA # 2 - Pair

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaweb

Staff member
Jan 17, 2002
East
megaweb.clubsnap.org
MMCA # 2 - Pair. Click here for the meaning of pair.

MMCA#2 will start now on 2nd March 2005 and end at 2359hr 31st March 2005.

Objectives
The objectives of this monthly assignment, is to:
  • learn how to utilise your camera equipment for Macro and Closeup photography
  • Skills development
  • Learn to appreciate the natural environment around us
  • Show case your works.
The Rules and Guidelines are very simple:-
  • The photo must be related to the assignment Topic.
  • Photo can be taken anytime.
  • Photo can be nature or non-nature.
  • Each member is only allowed to post 1 photo for each assignment.
  • There will not be any critique or comments allowed
  • Image size should be less than 700 pixels at maximum width and less than 120KB in file size.
  • Include a Title and Description for your images. Additional EXIF data is optional.
Member fails to abide to the above rules, will have their images deleted without notice.

Please read here on how to post your photos. For more enquiry, please read and post in this thread.

One winner will be selected at the end of the Assignment. The winner for this Assignment will win away a Apple iPod Shuffle (512M).
see http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

Post your shot in this thread to participate this Assignment.

A pair of mating fly...
7817DSCF6655-1_1.jpg

Common Imperials
CRW_4004.jpg

This pair of Common Imperials were taken at Alexandra Hospital. A pretty rare sight for me as I have not seen one for more than a year before I met these two. They weren't really mating though, but danced from leaf to leaf in a playful manner.

ant088ap.jpg

Ants use a variety of sophisticated forms of communication.

A Pair of bugs

16385bugs.jpg

compound eyes
n.

The eye of most insects, which is composed of many light-sensitive elements, each having its own refractive system and each forming a portion of an image.

524820163354_dfeye3.jpg

Shot this ages ago when I was still using a G5 + Reversed FD 50mm f/1.4 for extreme macros.

tn_guess.jpg

These two beetles look like shiny mercury drops from far, and that caught my attention. Upon clearer examination, I realised that they were mating in a "butt to butt" position.

All grasshoppers have it......pair of antennae....for detecting touch and scent.

15475P1020592tt.jpg

A pair of hardworking bees :)

P1080455.jpg

Taken at AH. This pair just jump onto the path in front of me.

17563958-M.jpg

dsc_3861_std.jpg

This pair of flies was taken at the eco-pond at Alexandra Hospital. To get both flies in focus, a small aperture size of f25 was used. An interesting behaviour of these two flies is after they detected my presence, they flew together to another leaf and got into this "mating" position almost immediately. This behaviour was observed a couple of times. :)

showing my lil' bit of support for the competition, hopefully it won't end so soon!

A Pair of Branded Imperials
I was walking out of McRitchie, towards the Adam Road exit, when I noticed these two peeking at me from amongst the foliage. The way they mirrored each other to form yet another butterfly shape was quite fascinating to behold - yet another artful creation of Mother Nature :angel:

mmca2_zk.jpg

Mating Logania spp. Shot in Upper Seletar Reservoir.

DSC_8163_3MP_sz-600_LVL_USM2.jpg

Pair of Mating Psyches, shot at Telok Blangah

Dsc_0046.jpg

Love Boat

4886.jpg

This pair of mating Ypthima sp. was shot last year at USRP. The leaf that they were standing on looked like a boat, and hence the title. Shot with 3T on and in proning position.

Private affair in the public
AMK_06.jpg

Shot this pair of mating skipper at Ang Mo Kio Town West Garden using 300D+1.4TC+25mm tube. According to the expert, this might be a pair of branded swift.

Status
Not open for further replies.